Questioning My Faith...God is just so amazing...

Well, i've been thinking pretty recently about my faith in God. Especially, like after church and stuff. I'm not saying that i'm questioning the truth, in fact of course i'm a christian and like it is certainly really the truth that God exists and did so much for us by sending His son to die for us, and yea, today is like easter Sunday, so this day's where we rmb God's resurrection, a reminder of God's amazing love for us. The thing is, if someone were to ask me why i believe in God and i'm expected to share a testimony, i'm not sure what i would say...The difficulty lies in the fact that i've grown up in a christian family, and so there isn't like a story behind my faith through like a conversion tt kind of thing and sometimes theres this danger tt my faith lies in the fact that its because of my family background. However, i know that really it isn't because of that that i believe in God although that has provided with a conducive environment for my faith to grow. Sometimes, i still wonder whether i would be a christian now if not for the fact that i've grown up in a christian family. I mean i really have trouble explaining why i believe in God, but i really do and i just don't know why...i just really feel the realness of God in my life. I just think that there are a few things that i can say to explain why i believe in God because i really do...firstly, i must say that in all my troubles and difficult circumstances in life, i've always been able to rise above all these things, and that i really feel is from the power of the Lord, and He always seems to give me joy even when things are saddening and i feel discouraged, He seems to always pull me through somehow. Furthermore, it seems like everytime there are things that i'm hoping for and i really pray and seem to have my prayers answered...like when i didn't do too well for my PSLE, God made a way for me to go to like ACSI, even like after my appeal actually got denied. Even now, God made a way for me to be in ACJC, again even when i had no reason for my appeal to be accepted. I really believe that this has been God's hands working in my life. God really has done what He said He would, to prosper and not to fail (us). Everything in my life seems to be working toward a plan that God has for me. Also, the experience of Church since young has been wonderful, each time i worship the Lord, i feel like so so grateful for the life that God has given me and each time i have youth class and stuff like that for some reason, my faith seems to strengthen. And, i really believe in God through church not because like i like the music or like the preacher or go to church because i like mixing with the people there. It's just coz everytime i have these experiences, i really feel God's presence. I must also stress that its not because life is such a breeze that i believe in God, honestly life isn't always great christians face the exact same struggles in life as any other person, for like me its my disability that life is a bit harsh at times, but its because of how God works that He gives me so much joy no matter what circumstances i face...furthermore, i strongly believe that God has a purpose for whatever situation He puts me in. Also, i must say that, it is also pretty logical that God exists, and it is also quite logical to believe in God...but of course there are actually alot of things that God does or God is that is way beyond our understanding. However, i really believe that God makes it possible for us to understand things to the extent that we can make the conclusion that is true that God is real...is just whether we are willing to accept the reality that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and that we need Him in our lives, so that we will have the gift of eternal life. Even today, the speaker for our church this morning spoke about the amazing truth about Jesus's resurrection and the HOPE and JOY that we have that there is life after death where we will have glorious bodies that we never perish when we believe in God. Also, i find that really when i constantly keep myself close to God that, i can easily overcome temptations, sins and the distractions of the world. And, really my parents also are great examples of believers that, through their lives i can many a times see God's hand in their lives and they are like shining lights and they really shine for God and glorify Him through their lives...and testify to like the reality of God. Thus, although i say i don't know why i believe in God, its coz i actually don't have like a moment where i suddenly believed in God, but actually my faith in God has been a result of growing with God and through all the things that life has thrown me and the many different experiences of God's grace and magnificence.

The thing i realise though is that there doesn't really need to be a reason to believe in God, and its really obvious that we have a true and amazing God...clearly with the awesomeness of Earth and its creatures, there must be God. The things in life too, is really isn't possible for everything to be a coincidence. So, tts why, we cannot but believe in a God so real...!!!...and tts why i believe in God, there isn't a reason, its just because its just so true in my life the existence of God tt i just can't help but believe in God. Really, God is so amazing and i really really believe in God and because of His work on the cross, we all now have a way to LIVE FOREVER, and all we need to do is just believe in the truth...God is just so real and amazing in the way that He is ever so presence in everyone's life and mine in this case...There no reason to question my belief in God, because i believe in God because He's real, and questioning my faith actually only serves to strengthen my faith...coz there is no reason not to believe in the true God...

After today, suddenly i feel so happy and inspired, its an amazing feeling of joy and hope and just greatness and perfection...and just extreme satisfaction...because God is with me and my faith is strengthening, bringing closer to experiencing the wonderful feeling of such an amazing God being in my life. Today, i finally stayed for youth class again after church service and i realised how i was really missing out by not attending it for awhile already coz my sis been away. My faith has even now further increased. Also, i've seem to finally understand life better again and found back that same joy that i had in knowing life's purposes. And, i'm no longer bothered if i have friends or not...and actually, i don't really need to bother if the vast majority of people don't want to be friends with me, coz i have friends even if its just a few or even if their just acquaitances...and i just need to love everyone and treat everyone as friends, and spread the love that God has for us and shine for God in this way...So, tts what i got to say i guess, i'm just very happy now and i just wanted to share my faith in God and show how amazing our God is...

To end, just some updates, i've been doing like econs homework and studying chem and playing hard too, i've sold almost all my funorama tickets already...actually abt nine more to sell. And, my sis is home for 2weeks, probably will go out sometime. And, right now, i'm just happy that God is so real in my life and even as i fear that i might not do well in my Alevels at the end of this year and get into the course i want to get into, industrial design...i know that God has a perfect plan for me, and i trust it and i'll just try my best and not worry...So yea, God is soamazing tts all i have to say, to end....

Comments

Unknown said…
wow timmy, these are really good thoughts! Keeping seeking the Lord =)

Popular Posts