Worldly Things...should not distract me...focussing on God..

Today, i had some food for thought...i seem to almost get distracted...but first the events of the day in chronological order...

Yea, so i woke up at about 8:30, and had breakfast...and spent quite a bit of time reading newspaper...i mean rite now typing this on my blog seems like the mundane stuff that's not good enough for a online journal sort of thing...but anw, i've tyed because..to emphasise that my morning went smoothly...so i'd say breakfast was good and i read the newspaper which yea i guess can only be a good thing...while i'll just say it was pleasant.

By the time i had done all that, it was time for tuition...i must say that the tuition today was pretty fine today...i mean it was a good revision for my test on tuesday...which btw is chem test and i've been studying for since friday...good for me. And, i found another person i can sell acjc tickets to, my tuition teacher now. Of course, that's just one person...i've still got people to sell to i know...and there's other ppl that i'm gonna sell too...so i'm just saying yea...watever, i don't know wat i'm saying. Thus, that was tuition anw.

Then, here comes the bit, after tuition which was pretty good, i was very happy. Almost feeling, 'high', ok i guess just feeling fine. After that, i switched on the television and turn to like discovery travel and living channel, and there was this show called, if i'm not wrong europe's richest...The show featured, the lives of some billionaires...and how they enjoyed their wealth. Then, i also watched mtv's chart attack...and got to listen to some nice songs like...ever ever after by carrie underwood...quite a nice song i guess.

However, it was the show europe's richest..that gave me food for thought...i began to wonder, hrmm...what would i do if i had all the money in the world...how would i live my life?...and i was very surprised, when one of the rich person's said that " i don't care that people say that money can't buy u happines, money makes me happy". So, i thought to myself, wat is the world drilling into people's heads...? I suddenly felt i shouldn't watch on...i mean that, it was making me lose sight of the truth.

Truly, wat is all the riches in the world, if a person doesn't have God?...So, i had to remind myself of that and not get distracted. But, i guess, money does bring happines but for a very very short while...in fact it is not even a second in comparison to eternity. True happiness is found in God and God alone.

But, i guess one thing that is fine, is to enjoy life and even one's riches...but God should be the focal point of our lives. I mean God is happy when we enjoy the life He has given us but as long as our focus is still on God.

Another thing that i thought about was how can i enjoy my life? and What are the things that i would want and enjoy....that will allow me to enjoy my life to fullest?

Then, i was left confused, because they always say that God's purpose for our lives go beyond that and that we need to look beyond ourselves, and also they say that since doing God's purpose for our lives it the thing that makes our lives more meaningful and thus makes life enjoyable and fulfilling. So, i was wondering, am i wrong to desire pleasures and to live life to the fullest and enjoy...because much of wat i would love to have and do, do include material things, i will admit. Like, i would love wat a dream house, car and u know travel around the world, taste the best food, listen to the coolest music, have like lots of friends and maybe also have the latest gadgets. I also desire to enjoy the simple pleasures in life like spending time with people i care about, enjoying nature, playing games, and maybe just the little things i guess.

In a single phrase, it means i want to live my life to the fullest...experience every experience, enjoy everything the world can give me.

I guess, maybe its about give and take...so maybe what i really want is to give all i can give to the world by doing what God plans for me in this world and also take all the world can offer too, by experiencing all of life.

Still, something seems to be telling me that, we should give and not take...because God's purpose for our lives go beyond that.

They say pleasures in the end are meaningless...!!!

So, maybe i shouldn't be seeking to live life to the fullest but should seek the purposes that God has in place for me.

But, i guess, i just have to make sure God is my focus and i guess there's nothing wrong in enjoying life...just need to have God as the focal point.

For now, i'm just trying to really grow in faith and have a good relationship with God. I'm also just trying to life my life as much as possible in the way God intended...and also study hard, make friends. At the same time, i'm still thinking about the things that i would want to enjoy in life...the experiences and stuff i like...coz i just wanna live life to the fullest and live life for its true purposes that God made it for. Yet, i'm in doubt as to whether enjoying life should really be something i desire or maybe by living the purpose driven life, the joy and meaning that comes from that should be all that i desire...

So, i pray Lord give me wisdom and forgive me if i'm wrong, help me to really grow spiritually and Lord just help me not lose focus...all i want is u...let that be the truth in my life...all i want is to bring u glory...but i pray Lord u will help me to also really enjoy my life and be happy and live life to the fullest...yet don't let me be too caught up in enjoying life that i lose focus...coz Lord u are all that we need...so help me to love u and always focus on u Lord...Amen.

You know, when i see other people's blogs, it clearly can be seen that they are such strong christians and you really can feel God's presence in their lives through the blog...i really want that for my blog, my life...so from now i'm trying to blog better and praying for God's strength to keep growing spiritually....

Another thing is that my blog is getting boring and repetitive...so i'm going to try give my blog new additions...i'm going to upgrade my blog soon...so look out for that...

So that's all for me...

Lord, help me to grow...so that i may bring u glory, help me to live the way u want me to...

Just trying to focus on God...yea...

Comments

Popular Posts