Valentine's Day...better to give than to receive...a pretty good day...

NOTE: This is an attempt at re-creating...the same blog post which i was supposed to post but lost it due to connection problems...so some of it i feel, does not exactly reflect what i wanted to say at that time and there are missing stuff, but of course the facts are the same...just that i've gotten all my thoughts mixed up...so ya...its sort of a "summary".

I know it's a bit late...since it was yesterday that it was valentine's day. But, anw Happy belated Valentine's day...!!!...To be honest i feel kinda guilty, ok bad...coz i didn't give anyone anything and perhaps, in a way i didn't really celebrate it...the only thing was that at least i gave my mum a rose...oh and i would have given one to my sis if she wasn't overseas.

However, before i get back to the events of yesterday...let me fast forward to this morning's chapel...

Well, the principal did the devotions this morning..it was abt a story which has been circulating...and actually i had already heard the story before...it was abt a boy who was different, and so had no friends...but on valentine's day, he gave all his classmates a card although no one gave him a gift...and even though his mum's prayers for his son to receive a valentine gift didn't happen, he was still happy that he gave.

I'll be honest, in a way i identify myself with his situation...but frankly his attitude...i seriously struggle to apply. You know, i've been always hoping for friends...that i forget to be a friend to others...

The truth however is that IT IS BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE...

As much as i wish i had friends...i find it difficult to be happy with no real friends...but the fact that this boy could do that...i have to ask myself?...why can't I?...i think i have a lesson to learn as much as any other person...

One thing though that i hope to clarify is that...despite the fact that i didn't give anyone anything, it doesn't mean i don't care...i didn't do it coz i couldn't...i wanted to give but couldn't bring myself to do it. I had the wrong thought though...that no one would care even if i had given anything.. in the end, i didn't even send a single message to any of my "friends".

I must admit i have much insecurity when it comes to friends...i sometimes doubt that people care or even treat me as a friend. That's why i always think that i don't have friends...well, i guess i really needed reassurances...which i seldom get and i get upset over that. But, fundamentally, i forgot that when i give it doesn't matter whether it is appreciated or not...giving is still better than receiveing.

Anw my main point is that... in my heart i actually care and wanted to give...the thing is that i came with the belief that...gifts don't mean everything, it's the thought that really counts. I guess, for me gifts aren't my expression of love(i.e.friendship). And, i forgot that it may be different for some people....to them, gifts would be an appreciated token of friendship...

The thing is that i'm not even sure anyone would expect me to give anything. Also, even if i had given anything, i feared that, they would probably be grateful for the fact that they received a gift but not that it will bear any significance to anyone really. I just couldn't give coz i had no courage to give coz i thought that maybe it wouldn't be appreciated that much. However, if there were really people who would sincerely have wanted a gift...i would actually have given. I believe there might not be...but i just hope/wish that was the case. Also, if that was the case, maybe its good enough to know that i would have given if it would mean anything to anyone.

So ya, i do care...and to my classmates and all the people I know, I LOVE Y'll!

Note: there is a missing bit here...(more abt my thoughts on why i didn't give and friendship stuff)

On Valentines day yesterday, it was a fun and good day. And, it was because some good things happened...not because of valentine's day...although it was quite nice the atmosphere, with all the decor, chocolates, flowers, cupcakes and the song dedications which i could hear from where i was taking my maths test. But, our class timetable was so packed for us to even really get involved in the thick of the action. Anw, so i was also quite happy that i got gifts from a few people...

Now, here is the good parts, yea not only did i pass my chem test, i felt pretty confident of passing my maths test and the article i chose for GP was a good one.

Note: missing bits here as well...

I just wished that i had given and even if i didn't give a gift, i care. And, i'm learning to live like the boy and to live by the truth that...it is better to give than to receive.

For now, i'm just trying to be happy...so please spread the LOVE...!!!

Comments

Popular Posts