What A Week...!!!...God Always There...

This week was a really crazy week, in that there was so much going on, so many ups and downs, twists and turns, and well in ended with a real huge climax. To put it briefly, this week began with the awesomeness of being back in school to worship God through chapel in school and of course, it was great to see classmates again after so long, though yea I still spent breaks alone and then Tuesday was a really mad day coz I had such a long break in the morn, and much of the lessons were a waste of time and felt so bored and lonely, and Wednesday seemed to see slight improvements to Tuesday as, I had consultations to ease the long break and classmates were slightly more friendly, and econs lecture was a tad more interesting, while geog was slack as usually and GP was fine esp coz I got 34/50 for my essay and so amazing that I nearly fell off my chair during the lesson, ok, I shan’t explain how exactly GP could be so edge of the seat that I nearly fell off but the most unlikely person actually helped prevent a catastrophe from befalling me. I didn’t go to school on Thursday coz my back was aching from sitting up too long for the first three days of the week. And, that again eased some of my growing frustration and sense of brokenness. The whole day, I prob slept, watched tv, played com and did abit of studying. Then, today of course, our prelim scripts were released after school, so as you can prob imagine, it wasn’t humanly possible to go the whole with full attention to the lessons, plus, it scared me when my form teacher told me to see her after we get the results. And, after everything it turned out it was just regarding my ‘A’ Levels exam arrangement. But, anw, well, I’ll get to the point, my results, at first in fear, my only wish was to just pass prelims i.e. get two H2 passes and one H1 pass(GP), which means I fail one H1 and one H2 which was exactly the outcome, after that perhaps I was being too greedy, I wish I had passed math, well, chem I knew was a gone case, but also I even wished my passes were of a higher grade. Nonetheless, I’m thankful to God for being so faithful and giving me a pass in prelims, right now, I know my results aren’t good enough yet for the ‘A’ Levels, but I know already in this prelims God has been good to me and I’m sure when the ‘A’ Levels come, He’ll give me the necessary results, however far I still am from a good ‘A’ Level score, coz as you know a CCCUU is clearly not good enough yet. And, like at devotions today, the principal spoke about what the song “Potter’s Hand” which we sang at this chapel, means personally to...and amazingly its just the song I wrote about in my last post.

As amazing as that is which shows God working so marvellously, more than even my results and all the events of the first week of being back in school to start term 4 off, was truly about how God truly gave me joy, made me focus on what is important, that is God’s glory and my relationship with Him and provided the strength and the comfort to face more of the same feelings of loneliness. I mean, I’m just being honest here, we all face unhappy things in life from time to time and as much as I keep mentioning the friendship issue again and again, that’s an area in my life that is constantly a struggle and not that I’m being irritating and always complaining about it, but it is a real issue which I face everyday and everyone has a daily struggle that they have, which may not be friendship and could be anything, we got a right not to be glad to have to face unhappy things, that’s not to say I’ve let it drag me down. But, of course, humanly initially we’d be upset, and for me that was the case but I sought refuge in Christ, and on Tuesday where I felt my whole world came crashing down and my whole life felt shattered, coz I felt I didn’t have friends who truly cared for me and valued me. The moment I got home, the whole of the rest of the day, I did nothing but worship the Lord even though I knew I was busy and had to study and my mum was scolding me for not studying, and it is precisely when we choose to spend time with God when we have little time, we put God first and glorify Him in that way. But, anw, here’s a series of things that happened over the past week that spoke to me, firstly, Monday as I’ve already mentioned in my last post was great as I felt God’s presence again and that nite when it rained, and the thunder and lighting were so frightening, I was reminded of the incident at the sea of Galilee where Jesus was on board a boat with the disciples and they faced a storm, they were so afraid but Jesus spoke and the storm was immediately calmed, Jesus asked the disciples about their faith…truly since Jesus was with them there was nothing to fear, so when we face troubles and scary things, we must have faith in God to know that He is there for us. Then, on Tuesday, all my relationships seem to hit rock bottom, but I sang praises to God and it lifted my spirits, it was all the comfort that came from God. But, our econs lesson gave me thoughts about something amazing. Well, we were talking about an econs question on market failure, and was on smoking, and the teacher said like oh, smoking actually cannot be completely banned coz it still provides some income, true this may be but, as many have spoken before, it is the economies of countries with high moral standards that do better. Anyway, so Wednesday was to then be so much better as I managed to spend my long break more wisely and had consultation and had good day of lessons and people perhaps were more friendly. The thing that really spoke to me was however, a page from The Purpose Driven Life that I had chanced upon. It was chapter 16 entitled, “What Matters Most”.


Love means living the way God commanded us to live.
As you have heard from the beginning
His command is this: Live a life of love
2 John 1: 6

No matter what I say,
What I believe,
And what I do,
I’m bankrupt without love
1 Corinthians 13:3

Basically, what the chapter said was that life is about love, just as God is love, therefore, love is the foundation of everything and in this life we need to love the people of God, which is everyone. We are to shine for Christ, by living a life of love, as that is how God was His family to be identified, for He is the greatest example of love. This means we need to have fellowship to develop our skills of loving people. The best use of life is love, love it to be one of our goals in life. This is because, life is worthless without love. We can’t just say that we find time for people in our lives, but life is completely about relationships and love. Not our achievements or possessions matter when we die but how we have loved. Life – Love = 0. Also, love will last forever. Love leaves a legacy and only our relationships will last forever. It is not what we do but how much love we put into it that matters as I quote from Mother Teresa as in the book. When people die all they wanna see is the people they care about, and in Heaven we know we will live together with God’s people, so it is important that we love and treasure people and our relationships for they last forever. Finally, God will evaluate us at the end of our lives based on our love. And, THE BEST EXPRESSION OF LOVE IS TIME. The pages really spoke to me as I was still thinking about the whole friendship issue again, as I realised that I haven’t spent time with any people other than my family members. However, it’s not that I’m not making an effort, but I just haven’t been able to do so, as I’m always alone in school and stuff. It also reminded me that nothing else in life really matters other than our relationships with God, family and friends…just as I’ve got distracted by all the other things, and its not about the things we do but that we do them for our love for God and to glorify His name.

Anyway, so Thursday was a rest that I had which just recharged me, and of course Friday was the results, which leads me now to end with two last things that God said to me. First, whatever results I’ve got I’m happy, but I know there are those who did well and those who did badly. And, what I wanna say here is this, no matter the results, God has a perfect plan and is faithful, just work hard and God will see you through and make a way for you when the ‘A’ Levels come, and even looking at myself I know for myself it is nearly impossible for me to do well enough but I’m trusting God and I know He’ll always be there for me and never forsake me, so to everyone taking the exams rmb that we need to have faith for God promises to be there for us. And, with God all things are possible, so just trust in the Lord, and seek His comfort for now but know that ultimately He will se us through. Finally, I received an email about this youtube video on how who we are makes a difference, and just as we all can make a difference for who we are, we are to be shinning lights for Jesus Christ which is just like as appropriately it’s the mid-autum festival, lanterns. Well, I mean its about teen suicide and is an old video but we can draw other parallels from this touching video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN_LPTNQEqM

So to end, truly what a week its been, and I just wanna thank God for seeing me through this week.

Comments

Popular Posts