The Hope Despite The Harsh Reality Of Life...

I really think that the whole situation I’m in, the disability and stuff has taken away a lot from my life. But, in a way I’m wrong to say that my circumstances has made me unable to live life as fully as an average person because God says that when we follow Jesus Christ, our lives are full. From the Bible we know that, Jesus has come that we may have life and have it full. And, whatever my life may be God intends for it to glorify His name and to be part of His great plan whether good or bad, smart or not, or good looking or not or how talented. For it is by God that we can accomplish anything anw and since as a Christian, I’m a branch in the vine and I’m one with the body of Christ, together with all the believers in Christ, no matter how insignificant I am, in fact we are all insignificant, God treasures each and everyone of us.

But, really I mean who can blame me for saying that a lot has been taken away from my life with the situation I’m in. I mean its true that God has a plan for my life that is fuller than I can ever imagine but there are really a lot of areas in life which I can never really experience. Our suffering in this world its partly due to Man’s sin, and some of it we would never know. The one thing though that know is that God is in control and He has a plan, so no matter how bleak things look we should still trust in God.

Personally, the things that are so sorely lacking in my life due to my disability, have been friends and a social life, taking part in sports, doing things I love, and in future I know there will be even more things. I mean, the world is just such as this, everyone is so superficial and believe me this is coming from someone who thinks the best of others, and we know that life’s about the survival of the fittest at least as the world puts it, and just because one is different the world is not going to care, it hard to survive in this world where people who are different are discriminated against.

It’s true that there have been cases that people with disabilities, have risen to the challenge and have made it in this harsh world, and continue to inspire people. But, seriously, that isn’t always the case. The people who are different that manage to still live life fully are able to do so only because they found ways to overcome whatever they face in life and make their lives as good or even better than ordinary people, the thing is that not everyone is going to have that kind of support and assistance. That’s not to say my family don’t do all they can to make my life as normal as possible and I try to live as fully despite my disability. But, for certain things we can only do so much, there are even people not as fortunate, the thing is that some can do more and some can do less. Just that most of the time, it’s really not that easy.

I don’t know, but I know that there is always a way, perhaps I just haven’t found it yet. Well, what it requires is a good combination of technology and support from others, to try and overcome the difficulties posed and to find an alternative way to do the things one wants to do that appear to be difficult given the circumstances. Therefore, also requires a lot of determination and will power. Right now, I guess, my issue is that I don’t think I’m making enough of an effort and if I’m given the opportunity to be innovative in overcoming my challenges and perhaps not brave enough.

This whole time I was thinking that maybe my lack of friends had something to do with my situation, to a certain extent that is true coz I spend less time with friends, but then if u think abt it, I’m able to do most things and join my friends. Also, it could be that because of the situation I’m in, I’m not the kind of friend people want, but to be fair this can’t really be true can it, perhaps some people do feel that way, still not everyones like that I believe.(Or Not?) So, it led me to think that something must be wrong with the kind of person I am, yea, true, I’m no great guy, but one things for sure, I’m loyal and truly care abt the people around me, isn’t that not enough to make true or even just friends, fine perhaps my temper isn’t great either, still I don’t see why.

Now, you can’t think that I could blame the people around me or the world views for that matter, but, I don’t know it doesn’t seem right, coz IT ISN’T EVEN THE OBLIGATION OF ANYONE TO BE A FRIEND TO ME, so then, that leaves me as I am now, lost for words and dumbfounded and out of ideas. What then, must I do to live my life as close to a normal person as possible or even live my life completely and fully the way life was meant to be. Perhaps, I need to truly think of something, not bother about the reasons and never give up and to keep on trying to be better. But, most importantly, I think I should just trust the Lord and seek His guidance and His will, for as I know His plans for everyone is perfect. Instead of thinking about what the world wouldn’t do to allow me to live as per normal, but I should strive hard to make my life as close to normal as possible, and I may not know what practically I can do to achieve this but I’ll just ask the Lord and I’m sure He’ll provide me with the answers or show me the steps I should take.

Yes, maybe, my circumstances are hindering me from being and showing the true person that I am, like for example I would say that I could be much more of a gentlemen if I were normal, like, instead of people helping me and accommodating me I would be the one doing just that. I think truly, humans only truly appreciate what they have when they lost it. But, whatever my circumstance, I should try my best to make the best of my situation, though I’m not sure how, again I’m doing all I know and seeking the Lord each step of the way to see if there something more I should be doing. I sometimes also still think that my full potential is not being used due to my circumstances, but again, the Lord, knows best and created me the way I am for a reason, and living life fully is not something that is about being normal or even being great or whatever, it is about living fully for God’s glory.

And, so perhaps there are things standing in my way but surely there aren’t obstacles I can’t overcome for God doesn’t allow us to face situations that we cannot overcome and in God we can do all things for nothing is impossible with Him. And, the friendship issue that is the main area I feel is being taken away from me because of my condition has nothing to do with it at all. So, I just truly pray that God will show me what is hindering that area in my life, and help me to do things that need to be done before I can overcome it and live as fully as a normal person or even more perhaps, but whatever it is I know that as long as I live for God’s glory, I know God will use my circumstance to touch others and for His glory and by that I can probably say already that I have lived as fully as I was intended to live. And, I know, God will provide for me as the Lord is my shepherd and He will provide for all my needs, such as friends, a university place, perhaps even a job next time and a chance to do the things I love the most and a chance to truly experience life as God intended.

So, whatever I want and need, I know the Lord in His time will give me for as followers of Christ, our lives are in the hands of a great God and our life and hope is in the Lord, and the Lord meets our desires when we pursue His will for our lives and we fine contentment and satisfaction. For as the Bible says, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Now, I’m more than determined to truly overcome all the obstacles in my life and make sure I live fully for God’s glory, for nothing can stand in the way, with the Lord by my side. I realise after writing all this that, I wrongly thought that the obstacles that in my life have deprived me of living my life fully but truly no matter how it affects and makes it hard for me to experience life fully, by God’s strength I can fully live the way He intended for me to, and perhaps I even got lost in all my disappointments and forgot the true meaning of living life to the fullest, for to live life to the fullest is to live for God’s glory and has nothing at all to do with my circumstances no matter how hard and it is not about doing the things that I could have done if I had been normal, but is making the most of my situation for the glory of God. So, I have hope in the Lord despite the harsh reality of life, and I SHALL NEVER GIVE UP FOR THE LORD IS WITH ME.
Oh Lord, I trust that you will give me life and life that is full, for I live for you and you are my God, the true and living God...

Comments

Popular Posts