Everything Means Nothing...Fun outing to end off hols...

Well, it’s been such a quick holiday, so much so that the week has just flown by before I’ve even began to get into it. Perhaps it’s a good thing so that I’m forced to focus on my studies instead of as I have already done, wasted my time this whole holiday and only studied enough just to scratch the surface of only half my subjects. But, anw, this week, I’ve really been so caught up in the things of this world and I realise that I need to truly focus my mind, heart, soul and strength on God. Furthermore, I’ve had serious problems with all my relationships, as in friends, family and perhaps in a way maybe also my relationship with God coz I think I probably didn’t spend as much time as I should have with God.

However, truly, in Christ there is nothing else that we could desire, and everything else doesn’t matter. And, since all the people of Christ form the body of Christ or another way to put it, we are all branches that make up a vine; therefore, of course, to be in Christ also involves family and friends, in terms of like fellowship. And, right now I may feel that perhaps I’m not doing too well in this area with few friends and that I still don’t treat the people I care about well enough. But, it’s really not that important for me to have such a extensive social life to accomplish that, I mean, yea, we should try as much as possible to hang out with friends, it doesn’t matter if that isn’t as feasible for me and besides there are so many different ways of reaching out to people and spending time with people. I guess, I could do with spending a little more time with friends and in fact contrary to common belief it ain’t a problem for me hanging out and stuff, the only trouble is, I haven’t really had the experiences together and to mix around enough to get to know at least a few people well enough to really have proper friendships that time could be spent nurturing.

For now, though, I’m just really trusting and believing that God has a reason for my situation. If there’s more I need to do I’m sure God will show me and if the time is right perhaps, people might be sent by God, I really don’t know but I’m sure He is working on something, I mean God will make a way, and He works in ways we cannot see and He will make a way where there seems to be no way.

Yea, and speaking of which, at this point, I know that when my prelim results are out I will probably fail my math and chem., and with the way I’m studying and struggling to do well for my exams and so little time left before the ‘A’ Levels, there is absolutely no logical way that I can do well enough for my ‘A’ Levels to get into a University let alone a course I want to be in, but it is this same thing that is sustaining me and that is that I know that God will make a way where truly there seems no way. And, when I finally get my ‘A’ Level results next year, I know I will do well enough, and we will truly know that God has been gracious and has made a way out of nothing. So, I tell you just wait and see…for in the ‘A’ Levels itself, I believe God is going to work a miracle for at this point there seems no way.

Anw, so back to the friendship thing again, God clearly has a plan for me that I do not know, but what I do know is that it is going to be greater than I imagine, and right now, as far as I can see, I’m doing all I can to make friends, and whatever more I could do I know God will show me and as for my troubles with relationships as in always not treating people well enough and getting along well with others, I’m sure that as daily I seek God’s help, I know that He is and will continue to change me and make me a better person for when we seek God, He will answer us. Besides, in Christ, we possess the character of God and His righteousness is in us and in Him we are new and desire each day to only please God, which God gladly each day shapes us into a person more like Him.

To be honest, for large periods of the past week, I felt as if my situation and my inadequacies were hampering me from leading life fully for God’s glory. But, as I read from a verse in the Bible that my mum happened to be thinking about and managed to flip to the page immediately when the Bible fell into her hands, the blind man in the story was blind as Jesus put it for the glory of God, likewise, I believe that my disability is an opportunity for me to glorify God. And, besides, I realised that it was only because of that fact that my eyes were opened up to all the many things of this world, it made me feel as if I needed to do more stuff here and get more stuff there and like there was a whole other avenue to life that I hadn’t even begin to discover, but I realised that I was being lured by the many things in life that people could wrongly life for, sure these things can be enjoyed and be sort of worship to God if we give thanks to God for so richly giving to us, but it was becoming too important to me that it felt as if, if I hadn’t done this and got that I wouldn’t have lived life to the fullest.

But, truly everything under the sun is meaningless. Also, living life to the fullest for God’s glory had nothing to do with the stuff I feel I could have truly done if not for the situation I’m in. God created everyone differently so that we could all glorify God in our own special and unique way, and we all have different experiences in life, we don’t have to feel just because someone else experienced another area of life or did this thing that we didn’t do or had something we didn’t that we haven’t lived fully for God’s glory for as long as we do what the Lord wants us to do and we do it all for God’s glory that is enough and that is of greatest joy and fulfilment to do that. That is not to say that we can’t enjoy the things of this world, for God also wants us to enjoy His creation and the life that He gives us so richly. So since as we know, glorifying God means doing what God wants us to do and not what we wanna do, we can in this case also do what God wants and yet also do what we want coz what we want is what God wants.

Just that truly, everything means nothing if we don’t live for God’s glory and share life with family and friends. And having a relationship with God is the most important thing. I guess, life’s not about enjoying all that we can, owning all we can or having the most achievements and not even fulfilling our wishes or things we wanna do before we die, but it is about doing what God has in stored for us and living for God’s glory in all that we do, and we should try to enjoy our lives as much as possible, and that may not even mean doing the things that are fun but doing what we love which is glorifying God. It all only concerns the fact that all we do must be for God’s glory. Anw, so it really just made me think about these things during the holiday where I was unproductive, had problems relationship wise and was feeling as if I wasn’t living life full enough still, esp with a lack of friends, but God really just spoke to me and the things I’ve just typed just was what kept me going and help me to realise and see the truth of it all and I felt at peace again. So as school starts again, I hope to really work hard again and for God’s glory, and do well for my exams…yupp.

Anyway, here’s pictures from the only time I’ve gone out this whole holiday, well, went to Mt. Faber again this time to really scenic parts and took some breath-taking pictures of the awesome sights of God’s creation, and I also watched Wall.e which was actually pretty cute but alrite it wasn’t a great movie in fact quite boring. And, yea watched the movie at Vivocity and had nice meal there too, and bought some really cool CD’s to listen to at home…haha…so that was pretty fun. So here are the shots:



Yepp, so tts abt it...really fun day...

Comments

Popular Posts