The New Year's here...(my last post of 2007)

While the new year is a time of reflection, it is also a time to make resolutions for the following year in looking forward to the next year. In my other posts, i went through the events of the past year and did little to actually assess or "reflect" on it. Still, the most important thing is that i haven't wrote about looking forward to next year, the resolutions and the possible good or bad things that could happen next year.

The past year, i've learnt alot and enjoyed alot. There were also many things that didn't go right, which i hope to improve on in the next year. But, although it seems that there were many changes throughout the year and when things went wrong it seemed nothing was ever constant..., the truth of the matter is that many things did change, and I definitely am not a constant and could have done many things differently in the course of this year...well we're human and so am I, we're not perfect. The constant, however, was, is and forever will be, God. The lessons i learnt although some by my own mistakes ,still, is vital in my growth as a person. Overall, i'd say 2007 was a good year...and at least i'm going to start next year as a JC2 student.

I've practically shared all the events of my past year in that post a while back.i.e entitled, "The Year Gone By". I've even shared my holidaes. But, as a matter of fact there were many things, that i've wanted to blog about during this holiday that i didn't get the chance to. Thus, as I look forward to the next year, i don't want to look back, and this being my last post of the year, i thought I'd share those things too.

Well, to begin let me go back some time, to the time i struggled with the meaning in life. Throughout the year, i learnt through many experiences and i read many things and actually finally can sort of get a grasp on it and i really learnt how to be happier. In the year, i also hit a milestone in my chess game. I made it into the National Junior Squad, not that it is a great achievement and qualified again for the sqaud through the 2008 Nat. Age Grp held during this holidaes. I also got my FIDE rating which is at 1689. This i actually failed to explicitly say in my blog posts. Problems i faced in areas as diverse as family, right and wrong, loneliness, selfishness, jealousy, happines, life and spiritual life; I managed to be more mature about such things and understand many things i didn't about these things. The websites such as the one which answered many of bible questions helped me alot. Even movies i watched helped me understand many things, incidents also taught me much.

For one of the incidents, small but still significant, there was once, i think on the 4 of Nov, i was being pretty fussy about having breakfast and we were rushing off to church. Thus, my mum had no choice but for us to leave without me having my breakfast. Throughout, the trip i was grumbling. My mum kept replying that u won't be complaining, just wait. I did not understand, but suddenly i did and, WHY? My mum stopped at a red near KAP, so u know what that means...yea she got me breakfast from Macs. I think i can draw many lessons from this incident, although i can't put my finger on it. This is but one of the incidents along the way. I grateful for that.

Two movies which i feel taught me lessons and i feel are appropriate as we look to a new year 2008. The two are ok, kiddy shows but so wat...at least i took something from it. It was Surf's up and Meet the Robinsons. The lessons were that winning is not everything but enjoying yourself is and to always look forward and don't look back and waste the moment. As we look at our failures this year and look at the next year...the difficult times and the good times...lets not look at it the usual way but just look to enjoy the year ahead in 2008 and move on from the past year. But, b4 i write about next year...here are some of the other things i enjoyed in the holidaes other than the movies. Two of my favourite shows i watched in the holidae on tv were futurecars and my brilliant brain. Great shows.

Finally, this Saturdae, i went out with friends, Ephraim and BK, we watched movie, ate lunch, had HaagenDaz, played chess and had a good chat. Then, ytd, on Sunday, my family and i attended the farewell service for our church pastor who will be going to Kay Poh Road Baptist Church.

Now, so its going to be 2008 already. Well, i don't think i really have much to say but so here are some of the things i hope to do next year. I hope to yea do well for my A levels, improve my spiritual life, family life, personal life, make more friends, enjoy FunORama and most importantly, have a great and enjoyable year in 2008.

To anyone who reads up to here, Happy New Year...!!! May you have a perfect and enjoyable year in 2008.

Comments

Popular Posts