Christmas...and Lots of Other Stuff...First...

It's been many days since my last post...well couldn't help it, i've been so busy towards Christmas. I hope to write about the stuff that's been going on in the time that i've not been blogging, some of my thoughts on Christmas, life ,church ,God, family and maybe friends.


I shall start with this Tuesday, 18th of December. On that day, i finally managed to get myself out of this procrastination to start my example book, which btw i've completed already. But, first thing that morning, i did quite a bit of surfing on the internet, can't even rmb wat i surfed for anw... Then, after lunch i had tuition and my tuition teacher came late. After having a rest when i finished tuition...well my rest comprised of more internet surfing...can't rmb if i was surfing for music stuff, shows, rubik's cube stuff, chess stuff or random info and lying on my bed. Then came my usual inspiration, don't know where it comes from all the time, but well i became determined to complete my example book. Thus, as frustrating and difficult it was i ramaged through a large heap of old newspaper cuttings i hd and have made throughout this end of the year holidaes and picked out the newer and useful ones. Then, i pasted it all in my example book. And, of course i did all the write ups during the course of the week and finished it on Friday.


On Wednesday, it was a day which i spent majority of the time on the computer. After i had spent some of the morning surfing the net...since i had done for a couple of days, naturally i got bored so while talking to Ephraim, who i was discussing about the possible outing with him and BK on Sat, i suggested we watched National Treasure: The Book of Secrets...So Ephraim was talking about playing chess with me also on Sat. Thus, i decided to find out how i could do that on msn, coz my msn games don't have chess, so i surfed the net to find out how and found this chess game. I tried to get Ephraim to play it but anw in the end it didn't work, so i played it with this automatic matchup mode...so i played with random ppl who were logged on to msn games. I played tt actually 4 part of a few days, and had connection problems, so i've pretty much given up hope on tt game...but it was pretty fun anws. Also, from our convo on msn, it seemed like we had a problem arranging a time for Ephraim, BK and i to go watch the movie on Sat...still i was hopeful tt we'd find a way. Of course, in the end we couldn't...though it was only confirmed that we couldn't go on Friday when Ephraim msged me.

Thursday, though, was a much more fun day. First, my mother, sis and i got up at about 8am and left the house at 9 to send my maternal grandmother to the airport. We got there at about 9 plus...a little earlier than the time my grandmother had to meet my uncle and two of my cousins. So, my mum treated me to breakfast at Coffee Bean, but my mum and sis didn't have anything to eat actually, preferring to eat a little later. By about 10 plus, we left the airport, and with the persuasion of my sis...my mum decided to take us to Taka. Well, we didn't spend much time in the airport actually, look in a few shops tts all and didn't really have such friendly...seeing off sort of...in fact not really...we were just there coz my mum wanted to take me out, coz well i don't get lots of opportunities to go out although, i do go out relatively often. Anw, so we went to Taka, and didn't have to guess, it was seriously JAM. And, the carpark to Taka was full and the cars were being lead away...however, my mum asked the traffic warden to allow us in coz it would be very inconvenient for us since we'll need to unload my wheelchair and use the handicap lot...so he let us in. And, when getting out of the car, my necklace broke...at first i thought i'd lost it but my mum spotted under the side of my shirt, don't know why i couldn't feel it. Luckly, my mum managed to fixed it when we got home. We bought quite a number of gifts at Taka and it was so crowded tt at 2 plus, close to 3 we had to buy some takeaway fastfood and went home to have lunch at about 3:30. At home, i watched some tv and rested and prepared for the dinner at home, well we invited a church friend, also my youth class teacher actually and his wife over for dinner. It was fun talking...and all. And, they even told us abt a piece of good news for them actually....anw. Moving on....

Friday: Can't rmb wat if anything much happend on Friday. Spend much time on the com,tv and of course completed my example book and got the msg from Ephraim on the postponment of our outing with BK. Oh, and also had tuition.

On Saturday, it was a enjoyable day on its own...yet it wasn't a great day, coz it did bring out bad feelings...although it i would have to say was fun. The morning began on a normal note, and my mum and sis went out in the morning while my bro and i stayed home and i just slacked i guess and did some surfing on the net and booked tickets to watch the movie National Treasure: Book of Secrets with my family since i could not got out with Ephraim and BK. Time flew by and after i finished only half my lunch...coz my stomach didn't feel well, we left for PS. When we got there we were way early for the movie, so we strolled around the mall. And, it wasn't long before it was time to go back up to the theatre. And, if u've been to PS b4 which like everyones been to b4, i would guess, u would know tt to get to cinema 7-10 there's a plight of stairs and a wheelchair lift, so as embarrassing, uncomfortable and annoying as it was, i took the wheelchair lift up and the lady collecting tickets didn't know how to operate it and WOW...i got stuck halfway up the stairs...ok more precisely at the top. Anw, in the end i got up safely...phewf. And, wat's more there were two other guys on wheelchairs there...luckly things went smoothly and i got to go up and down the wheeelchair lift fine. Anw, to the important thing...i think the MOVIE WAS GREAT...!!!...maybe the plot a bit more corny at the ending then it the first of the sequel. Actually, initially, we were suppose to watch the movie at Vivocity but tickets were sold out at the seats i needed for my wheelchair. Thus, we went to Vivocity after the movie. It sounds like great fun...but by the time we got to Vivo it was abt 6pm and we were all already very tired...so my parents bought some stuff they needed...and in the end we couldn't really shop or even eat, coz it was too crowded and the only place we could eat at was at an over priced restaurant. So, in the end we left very shortly...didn't even have time to have any fun. And tempers nearly flared up, yea so not exactly ideal. In the end, we went home and went out to Bukit Panjang Plaza...a stone's throw from our house, to eat at Swensens which we had to wait a long time for coz it was crowded and the service wasn't great either. We all even, over ate though it was a fun and good meal. We got home really tired after a long day. Now, i think its pretty clear, it was a day tt looked gd, was gd but wasn't tt great. So, tt was all the event' s since Tuesday.

The thing is that somehow, through all the week, i did lots of stuff had some fun but yet felt like something was missing and never really had the feeling of any fufilling. Well, it wasn't a "like" a feeling actually i truly was feeling a sort of void. Well, i haven't gone to church for two weeks, and it felt like two decades. I kinda felt distant from God, it's coz one really can feel God's presence and grow in faith from going to church...similarly, i missed out on two weeks of church and so therefore i felt the void...so now u know why u should go to church. This Sunday today, i finally went back to church...btw i didn't go for the past two Sunday's coz of valid reasons. We had a pizza party for youth class and we discussed the MEANING OF CHRISTMAS. We went out for lunch as a family today too. My dad and sis spend the rest of the day shopping for the remaining presens and my mum went grocery shopping. Well, i slacked the rest of the day.

Now, so that was the whole weekend in so many words!!! Well, for my thoughts and stuff abt Christmas...i'll continue tmr, and in another blog post...yupp.

Comments

Popular Posts