Three days have past since the chess tournament ended, and i guess with this post i shall share the past three days and yes finally start blogging about daily events. Anyway, so thursday and friday weren't that eventful but saturday at least i went out.
On thursday, the day after the chess tournament, my mind was constantly in the "chess tournament mode", so being so accustomed to the 4 days spent on chess, i woke up early still and my mind was fixed on all the chess stuff and i felt the needed to analyse my chess games over the four days. Yet, in the back of my mind i know that i've stopped doing for a while already and i had the constant bugging feeling to do some hw which i have yet to have completed and come up with a solution to doing the geog holiday assignment...coz i don't have a grp and its inconvenient for me to well take pictures, although i was thinking about getting pictures from the internet. Still, the overwhelming desire was to go do an analysis of my chess games.
Thus, i spent the whole day looking through my games and coming up with solutions to the opening problems i encountered in the chess tournament and looking at certain mistakes i needed to correct in my game. Believe it or not, i literally spent the whole day do this. However, at the end of it i was pretty much satisfied. And, it didn't matter to me that i felt the need to do more hw. So tt was thursdae.

Then, it was fridae. I woke up feeling pretty good and had my breakfast and read the papers. If i'm not wrong my younger brother and sister then joined me at the dinning table before i was about to go upstairs to my room and follow the usually montonous routine. It sounds great that my brother and sis were at the table with me but it just so happened that they were coming down and i was about to go up to my room. Anw, so as usual my brother was doing the rubik's in yes about 50 SECONDS!!!...yes it's 50 sec....no mistake. And, i think there were 4 cubes on the dining table. The rubik's cube's like the in-thing now it seems. So, my brother and sis took just a short time to learn the cube and have been playing for than a month now and are like experts...again like many people would think its for the GEEK, i am guilty of that too. The only thing is that it really is quite fascinating that its possible to solve the cube in a short time. Therefore, it was only until friday, the 14 of december that ok i had enough of the showing off...ok not really but just felt the need to learn it. So took one of the cube's and did it to a certain point where i couldn't do it. Then, i got my siblings to teach me. So my sis wrote down all the algorithms for me. And, i took really really long to understand anything i was doing. In fact, my brother kept insulting me for taking so long to solve the cube. Anw, so after two hours my sis had to go teach chess to two kids. So, i was left to try and solve the cube...but by this time i shld have known everything to solve the cube in fact i had...just that i lacked practise. People say the cube is sort of mathematical, therefore well maybe it's true coz it seem to be the case that if i keep practising to solve the cube i would eventually do it. So it proved with my whole day, i spent the whole day trying and trying and trying. Mistake after mistake after mistake, but by the end of the day...WOW...i solved the cube for the first time. Ok great, i know there are people laughing at this, ok maybe not but anw its actually pretty easy to solve and to learn but well it wasn't for me. However, the reason i feel WOW's how i shld feel b'ocs no matter wat anyone said wat difficulties i faced in solving the cube, even almost looking crazy, i persevered all the way to the end and was rewarded. Looks like practise really does make perfect. I think if everyone, and personally I, used the determination in all areas of my life it could just be perfect...well with God's help of course...maybe yea things would be great. At least, in terms of my studies...i think i could apply it to my weak subjects in school, chem and math, to practise hard, and maybe i could ace all my subjects. So that was Friday a day all about the Rubik's Cube.

Well, but the best was saturday. First, my parent's wanted to take me out for breakfast...not that i wouldn't have wanted it myself. But, before that, today my younger brother and sister were going to take part in the Singapore Vs Malaysia Challenge...yes chess again. And, this time the S'pore players were to play against older players...i.e. pitting the players not against their peers but rather playing in older categories...even making some of the girls play in guy's categories. So it was at beach road. Thus, for convenience sake my parents decided to take me to Raffles City to have breakfast. But, first we went to coffee club...and i didn't like the food and place was not the most convenient. Sounds more like looking for convenience rather than for a good breakfast, however it really wasn't the case, just couldn't decide on a place to eat. Next, we tried the foodcourt, ans starbucks, but nothing did i fancy. In the end, we walked for a long time and even had to cross to road to get back into the main building. And, as fate would have it, ok not that dramatic, but we stumbled upon the Cafe Cartel. Well, it was something, i expected that we would have breakfast at or at least it was something i was looking for...like not pasta not sandwiches , not cold food but well a Very American Style Breakfast, well don't think i need to elaborate. It was not bad. Then, my mum bought some presents. It was a fun morning i have to say...yea...thanks to my parent's. Thereafter, we sent my dad to the tournament hall. And, my mum sent me home. Talked about, shopping, how it could be therapeutic...andd make one happy...then i said about shopping bringing short term happiness...my mum like said i'd never be happy with the way i look at things. So u know maybe something to work on. At home, my mum wrapped presents while i played the cube again. In the afternoon, we went out again to centrepoint this time. Ok, there wasn't much to see, but spent quality time with my mum. Well, we went to centrepoint...b'cos as my mum alreay knew, TAKA was seriously jam, well anyone would know that.
So at the end of the day, i'm happy again. And, my brother and sis won their games.

At least, this week i feel like i've spent my time well. I think now i should start worrying about hw so i can enjoy Christmas. That was the past three days....

Comments

Popular Posts