If Only They Knew...

If only they knew that they'd inspired me and how much I wanted to be a part of their lives...and the amazing thing is that unknowingly to them I had made an impact on their lives, yet we're like strangers...

These were the words I wrote on my facebook personal message...and I came up with this that truly means something to me and is how I really felt. It was from all the reminiscing, the reflection and the finding out that I felt this way. With that I mean, remembering the times and the people that I've come across especially during my time in AC although also others, just thinking on hindsight how things were with me and everyone else, and how far we have come to be the people we are today living our own separate lives. I felt and still feel like the people I've come to know, have really inspired me in one way or another, be it by the godly lives lived in faith or in their passion for life. And, they just don't know that I'm inspired by them so much. Sometimes I just really wish I could be a part of their lives, not just as a person they knew vaguely, but to be a friend involved in their lives. Which is why now I know why we need friends because friends are able to inspire each other and make their lives better and even more meaningful. The funny thing about this, is then that somehow actually oblivious to them, my very life has inspired many of them too, and I'm not boasting that I've made an impact, but rather I found out through my means that I've actually made an impact on their lives. But, after all has been said and done, the relationship I have with them is just superficial, they just know me a little almost like strangers, coz we're like acquaintances. I was thinking if they knew this maybe things would have been different and maybe there was a connection that was lost behind unspoken words and actions that were held back.

This then made me wonder why I was so admiring godly people and why our soul would have this desire to please God. I at first didn't know how to explain why I had this feeling in my heart that made me marvel at godly people, to want to please God. But, it did make me realise that in me is actually a longing to please God and live a life that is filled with God. I guess, inherent in all of us is a desire for God, everything we do be it consciously or subconsciously is actually a search for God, even when we try to run, it always leads us back to God. In love and in fulfilment. But, why? That is because God is the creator of the universe, He is our Lord and our Saviour, He is our King. We realise that to live the godly life is the way life should be lived, it is good and we know it. When we see someone living with such faith and trust in their lives, where God is very much central to their lives, it is amazing and inspiring, because it is never easy yet it is ever so rewarding and such a blessing. It is like in a family where like each child wants to please their parents. Life just feels right when we live for God, because He first loved us and is our God, and we out of gratefulness to God for sending His son Jesus Christ to die for our sins, are forever indebted to Him.

And, just this week, I watched the show Not Easily Broken, which is suppose to be a christian film, but actually Fireproof is probably better coz it does not have the profanity and violence. Anyway, it is about marriage, but that is not what I will discuss here, rather I was reminded of something important through this film by the words towards the end of the film. The lead actor said that you cannot ask a car what its purpose is, you must ask the manufacturer, which he said is the same with the relationship between God and us. It is similar to the Bible verse about the clay and the potter. God created us for a purpose and that is to live for His glory, so that is what we must do , because that is what life really is about. Anything else we try to do in life just doesn't work or feel right because there just isn't any other way to live, a surrendered life lived for God is the best life. 

But, we have all sinned and fallen short of God's glory, and it is only by God's grace given to us by Jesus' death on the cross that paid the ultimate price. In truth, we all know that we are imperfect and it was only Jesus Christ who died for our sins. And, even as Christians, we are not completely free from sin, coz we still live in a fallen world, but we have the help of the holy spirit. When we place our faith in God for salvation, all our sins past, present and future are forgiven. As Christians, we still make mistakes but our desire is to please God When we sin, we offend God and grief His spirit and our relationship with God is affected and needs to be restored. What we need to do is then to confess our sins to God, and He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins. This restores the relationship we have with God. I admit that I still make mistakes, but it makes me realise as with difficult circumstances time and time again that we need God and that we can't make it on our own, we need to rely on God. Just like the quote from the movie Not Easily Broken, sometimes He lets life turn us upside down to learn how to live the right side up. I just made a mistake but I trust in God's promise that, if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just, and will forgive us our sins.

And, just as Christ forgave us, we are to forgive others of their sins against us. This is also the case when someone sins against us repeatedly. This is because we are not God and we cannot judge, and so we have no right to withhold forgiveness. And, even when someone sins against us and is unrepentant, we are still to forgive. We are not to bear a grudge, to be bitter or angry because this attitude of the heart is not pleasing to God and we cannot have fellowship with God in this way. Therefore, reconciliation is the aim but if it is not possible, we are still to forgive.

Finally, God does not need us to accomplish His purpose, but He chooses us as His mode of evangelism, and we must not be too focussed on the work in the church that we forget about the work outside of it, just as what was said at the last sermon. So, we must go out and share the gospel. Coz, if only people know about Him through our sharing will we be able to be used by God to bring these people to Him. Just like in my last post about using our work and life to bring glory to God and for the salvation of others...

To end, I've been so inspired by godly people and our desire can only be to live a life that is pleasing to God because He is our God and that is the only true and good way to live. While, we still make mistakes, we desire to do only what is pleasing to God, we just have to confess and God will forgive and in the same way we are to forgive others. And, we have a part to play in God's purpose for the salvation of all man. I just want to involved with godly people and to please God in all that I do...  


Comments

Popular Posts