August

This August has been eventful, well in some ways for me but more for our country. The national day and then the youth olympic games. I must say I have been hesitant about making this blog post because I don't want unwanted attention on my blog, but I decided I would. Well, I must say that national day was ok...But, it was really the start of the youth olympics games that really made me proud to be from this country. At first, I was a little apathetic towards the youth olympic games, but having caught much of the action on TV, I must say that now I do feel excited about it and proud to be from the the host country. It really is such a huge thing for our country.

While this is not the olympics and people may therefore say that it is not as exciting as the real thing. Really, I would say that it is a misconception. For the ages of some of the athletes, the performances that they have put in are remarkable, that it is amazing to see and it is exciting to think of their future prospects in world sport. And, I really feel that the country has really organised the event very well. While some people may say that because of the short time frame of two years plus, it could have been better. But, I disagree, I believe we had more than enough time and we have done our best and have delievered. Sure, it could be better, but of course, anything can always be better, let's just be proud that we have done such a great job, thanks to all the people invovled. I believe the athletes themselves have really enjoyed the games, just like how a hockey team captain said about almost being distracted from the sports itself by the off the field activites for the youth olympic games.

Anyway, so yea, it's been quite exciting watching history been made here. And, i guess this is my piece of the yog here, coz i feel like since I'm not going to be watching and be involved in any of it live in person at least I should say something about this amazing history making event and ride on the yog bandwagon.

Comments

Popular Posts