Overwhelmed...had a Great Time...What a Great God...

Well, in the last post, I mentioned mainly about the whole of last week from Monday to Friday and all my struggles. But over the weekend until Tuesday today, I had a lot of fun and joy in the midst of a storm. The especially great part was on this week’s Monday, which as many forgot was my Birthday, well, I can’t blame anyone, coz I didn’t greet anyone either this year as I didn’t really dare to coz I found it strange if I were to greet everyone as I’m not close to most people around me and of course, some I forgot, which made it all the more harder coz, how can I greet anyone else if I didn’t greet someone else, it may give the wrong ideas so whatever man. Strange enough though no one remembered my Birthday which was yesterday, I still felt happy. Arghhh….ok just kidding. ): But anyway, here about how I had fun over the weekend and had a good Birthday and how a miracle happened and how Monday’s Chapel in school touched me and made my faith grow stronger coz I honestly felt God’s presence. Also, I’ll mention the two websites I went to which gave me greater insight into Ecclesiastes and enjoying life and what it means to live a life of meaning for God.

Firstly, over the past few weeks my brother played in the World Schools Chess Championship. And in the tournament, he began with not the greatest start wining only two out of a possible four losing one and drawing the other. The game he lost and the game he drew were against weaker opposition but he fought back to win four games, drawing only once out of the next five games. And, this was against harder opposition. Because of this, he won and has become WORLD CHAMION…!!! But, what was so amazing about the win was that after struggling against weaker opposition, all the people wrote him off and thought when he played the stronger opposition that he would lose. But, NO, he won four games, drawing only once out of the last few games. And, even more crucial and amazing is that even with his come back it was unprecedented that he would become world champ coz the other player also vying for top spot lost to a much weaker player, which was a shock and my brother supposed to come in 2nd or 3rd came in first. People may be thinking how lucky it was but now I tell you the truth, IT WAS ALL BY GOD’S GRACE ALONE THAT MY BRO WON…coz I prayed, I mean we all prayed for my Bro and not to win but to GLORIFY GOD’S NAME in this tournament, and by miraculously making a come back , he did just that. To God Be The Glory truly.

After that great win, last Wednesday, my family went out for dinner at Hanabe, well, an expensive Jap buffet dinner. That was great fun and everyone was so happy coz my brother had won and we had a good meal. Then, on Saturday, I stayed at home the whole day to study and everything went smoothly. And, my bro went for another chess tournament. So, that whole day was pretty quiet. That nite I did some research on the whole enjoying life thing I was confused about, and found some answers from two websites, http://www.tidings.org/ and http://www.enjoylife.ca/ a lot of it was about Ecclesiastes. Then, on Sunday, it was a God sent message to completely remove all my doubts about living life and enjoying life in that we had a sermon on THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT, TO LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART ND ALL YOUR SOUL AND ALL YOUR MIND AND ALL YOUR STRENGTH. Also to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF. Of course the worship too was good but anw here’s about how the message spoke to me… Well, it was about loving God above everything. Jesus said that the greatest commandment is to LOVE. Loving God by loving Him wholeheartedly, worshipping and obeying Him. To also love ourselves as God’s masterpiece as a disciple and follower and by growing in favour with God and Man. We are also to love family, and everyone and to fulfil the great commission. The conclusion of the matter was that the kingdom of God is love.

But, it really spoke to a lot about what living life means. I mean, after having the struggle last week, it gave me further insight into what I’ve talked about in the last few posts. It made me realise that life really isn’t about making the most of it and enjoying it as much as possible, but the motivation of our lives should be TO LOVE GOD. AS long as we love God, we can’t go anywhere wrong in life. I had to question myself whether my question about whether life lived fully means also having enjoyed life fully, was because of my own desire that since worship can be enjoying life but keeping in mind that we are doing it for God and enjoying His gift of life, does that mean we lived life better just because we enjoyed more of life and did that as worship so with have more worship and have therefore lived life even better for God. To love God is life. For God is love. And, of course, also mentioned was to love ourselves and our neighbours in a broad sense. To love others is hard and to be honest, I doubt the world exist many altruistic people left, tell me I’m a cynic, no I’m not, I’ll say I’m being a realist here. Come on, all have sin and fallen short of the glory of God, how can we say that we do not many a times love ourselves more than others, and more importantly God for that matter. But, well, we should try our best everyday to love God, others and ourselves in an unselfish way, that is not to say we cannot ever do that 100%, but by God grace and as we grow through life, God will mould us into that kind of a person. But, life is not about enjoying it in for ourselves, and yes of course we should enjoy ourselves, but when God tells us to love ourselves He means more about staying healthy in a physical and spiritual sense, also it is not out of a selfish desire to achieve these things in life but to take care of the life God has given us. But, we all know that no matter how much we take care of ourselves, one day we will all die and not matter how much we enjoy life, it will all come to pass but what will truly stand the test of time is our relationship with God. Our lives are made for the purpose of glorifying God’s name, yes enjoyment if truly done for God’s glory can be worship but its not about who’s done more or whatever, its that we have lived truly for God’s glory that matters, we are to grow thru troubles and grow our faith by mixing with other Christians and sharing God’s word with others and to have a good relationship with God coz He loves us and we should love Him as commanded.

After Sunday church service, we had an expensive lunch at NYDC to celebrate my Birthday coz my birthday as mentioned was on Monday. It was fun though a little rushed. Then, my dad got me a base for my ipod, don’t know what you call it the one to play my ipod real loudly yea and its like transformers, Optimus Prime yea. Then, on Monday, it was a ok day, my birthday so yea. But, no one rmb but that’s fine. Coz, that nite, we had a nice homecooked dinner and my presents made the day all worthwhile, coz I got a HD camera which is touch screen and super thin, I got 6 CD’s of the Hillsongs songs coz yea believe or not I didn’t have any prior to this, and yea get to listen to my favourite songs sang a lot in school, for chapel. Yepp, so that was my birthday yea so I was very happy.

But, on Monday morning itself, the chapel was good and the message really spoke to me again. Before the whole worship started, I was happy and joyful for I felt God’s presence with me. And, the message really strengthened my conviction and faith in God and made me even more confident to trust in the Lord. It was a great testimony by the speaker about her son who had cancer, and which is of course an incident I know quite well, coz I was in ACSI at the time when he was in the school. So that was great coz again God spoke to me so it was wonderful.

So yea, by today, well despite some minor issues here and there, I’m seriously overwhelmed by God’s love for me that He showed me the way when I was in doubt the direction in my life. Now, I know what it truly means to trust in God and to live life fully for God’s glory, its in giving my all for God in everything that I do and to know that no matter what circumstances I face that God is with me and His plans for us is what is truly best for us, so we can have joy and peace each day knowing that God will always be there for us. And, I’m just grateful that we have such a great God.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey not sure if you'll see this but your posts are such a blessing to anyone who reads it. im sure god will show his love for you in many more ways to come. stay strong and may you live a live for the glory of god eh :) and a blessed belated birthday to you! cheers! haha
Tim Chan said…
Hey, thanks for your comment, really appreciate it...

Popular Posts