Building Bridges

I just wanna say before I blog this post that really I'm grateful for everything that I have and am, I feel really positive and like the past is the past and I'm just so exciting and looking forward to the future...

But, anyway, I been thinking about it in recent times, that really I feel like for so long I have been unable to build bridges in my life, in that I mean that, I have been unable to make connections with people and really just make friends and to form a social circle around me. I really feel like that has hindered me from living life completely the way I want to. I mean, if you have been able to have connections and friends, it certainly makes life a whole lot easier and more fun.

If you have friends, you can just easily find people to go out and do stuff with and for me there were some many events and stuff I wanted to attend but, I don't feel like I have friends to say hey want come with me to whatever it is. Like, for example last week I really wanted to go back to AC and for a long time I've been wanting to go back but there was never really that opportunity for me coz like I didn't have any people to go with nor was there a reason for me to do so.

And, like in a broader sense, there many other things in life I miss out on by not having what I called bridges built in my life. I've been trying hard to improve myself socially and I feel I've made progress, but somehow, I still have some hurdles to overcome, like I just still feel so awkward talking to other people.

So, I really need to be able to build these bridges in my life if I want to live the life I want, coz not only does it open up opportunities for myself, I also in the process have the benefit I having friends. And, I also can be a blessing to other people too. I also find that by making those connections, I'm more able to get the support I need especially with my unique circumstances where I rely on people a lot and in my short life so far, I feel like I never really had as much support from others as I would have liked because of my inability to make those connections.

And, I feel like I never really stepped out of my comfort zone to truly do the things I wanna do, I've always played it on the safe side and just not been bold enough to really not let others decide for me and make my own choices, up till A levels I would say. Like now I doing more of the stuff I wanna do like I'm going poly to do product design, my passion and I'm taking up singing lessons, it's just great.

Therefore, I just feel like I really want to really take every opportunity that comes my way and not let my fear stop me from doing the things I want to do, and I really hope I can start building more bridges in my life, so that I can truly live my life completely the way I want to. That's really all I can ask for...

Comments

Popular Posts