CNY 2009...(=

Well, in my last post it was about the week before Chinese New Year...so now of course this is about Chinese New Year, well technically the first few days, since Chinese New Year is actually over a number of days. Not that I had such a spectacular Chinese New Year...well it is always what it is, nothing new. Ok, i got to admit that I'm not all that into Chinese New Year. I hope I'm not sounding like a killjoy, but I mean I know the importance of being rooted and all that, it's just that that's as far as the significance of Chinese New Year is to me. Of course, keeping the traditions are just part of that, but i guess spending time with family is also an intrical part of Chinese New Year. As for the fun parts of Chinese New Year it's probably, the hong baos, the decor, the food, snacks and drinks, and the visitations. So anw, the Chinese New Year break was not bad i guess...so here's about it....

First, it all began with the reunion dinner with family on Sunday, which was Chinese New Year's Eve, we had all the usual tasty stuff for dinner...and i guess the sentiment for this Chinese New Year, was hope for a blessed New Year and to be more united as a family, well maybe it was quite festive too. So then, after dinner we just watched TV, well the countdown until 12 midnight, but i actually was too tired and fell asleep just about after the countdown, well so i was not exactly counting down, was trying to sleep just before and as the counting began...

On Chinese New Year Day then, we woke up quite late after having had a late night. The first thing that happened of course was the exchanging of Hong Baos, well for me and my siblings just receiving Hong Baos...hehe. Then, we had lunch with more of the Chinese New Year food. Thereafter, we had no real activities for the rest of the day, so as a family we all just stayed home doing our own things, well i was happily on my com...haha. But, at about 3 or close to 4pm, my relatives who have just moved to Malaysia at the start of this year came to stay over. So, we played Guitar Heroes with out cousins. Then, for dinner my other aunt and uncle came over too and we again had a sumptuous meal, I think at this point you could forgive me for thinking I was starting to get fat...lol. So anw, had some good fun, before going to bed and that was that.

Next, on Tuesday, the second day of Chinese New Year, after waking up late and seeing off our relatives, we set out for lunch at my maternal grandmother's house, with relatives of my mother's side. Again, it was little boring, considering we aren't as close to my mum's side. But, it was a nice meal and great to meet the rest, especially with the opportunitiy to get more hong baos, ok, jk...I'm not like that...And, as an end to the visit, we had one of our aunts and uncle play a song using the piano and violin respectively. Then, basically, we got home at about 3 plus and spend the rest of the day doing our own stuff. So that does it for how me and my family spent the Chinese New Year break...in the blink of an eye another Chinese New Year break gone by...

Finally, just some thoughts about Chinese New Year, well, i feel that Chinese New Year is a really crucial time to spend with family and friends, it really brings together families and make it all worthwhile in the end. However, bringing together everyone also has the potential to generate friction between everyone with the vast differences between everyone, but usually it ends ok, since in the spirit of Chinese New Year everyone makes sure there is peace and unity. This Chinese New Year was no different, but truly it is all about putting all our differences aside and celebrating this joyous occassion. And, looking forward to the year ahead, I just hope that God will bless each and every one of us, and give us unity as a family and just hopefully this would be a good year for all of us.

So to end, since I haven't done so...WISHING EVERYONE A BLESSED AND PROSPEROUS CHINESE NEW YEAR...!!!

Comments

Popular Posts