Not Being Negative...My Life Really in That State(not good)...It's The Truth

Something important that i have to blog abt first. Promo results were finally out today. Should i be happy or sad? I guess there's this strange thing, first my only concern was to get promoted but when my results finally came out, you could say that i was disappointed. The reason why i say its strange is because well, I WILL BE PROMOTED!!...but yet i still felt disappointed. Wasn't that all i wanted; to get promoted...shouldn't i be happy and celebrate. This brings to mind two issues discontentment and my expectations. I never expected to pass math or chem yet i was hopeful, was i being unrealistic? I guess. Just that, i guess it's easy to fall into the trap of comparing ourselves with others. With that in mind, i'm trying to tell myself that as long as i tried and will persevere and pick myself up...God has His own plan for me and i need not feel that i'm no less significant. The society that exists in S'pore really makes everyone so competitive...this is a bad thing and so we do have the tendency to compare ourselves with others but i'm trying to make sure that i don't slip into that trap again. I guess its true, that its better to escape the S'pore system. I BELIEVE IN MYSELF, although i may not think highly of myself and comparing myself with other people is missing the point. I'll be content with being contented i guess.

Today, it was really awful. There were scenes of people in disappointment...coz they'll be retained, or they performed below standards. All the more, i should be content and happy...at least i got promoted. The wait for and anticipation of the results too were a real torture today. Of course, on the other hand there were people who were relatively pleased at their results and ones who were mechanical about it...showing no expression as if they knew their results would be good.



Now, to the real thing i wanted to blog about. Well, what i desire is to have good friends, live life to the fullest, lead a Godly life and live life the way God wants me to(purpose driven life). I guess i want to really cherish every bit of my life, and have a complete experience of life. Even though i blog abt negative stuff, i'm not looking at things negatively but on the contrary, i'm actually writing abt the facts of my life. The question then is, can someone be positive or happy abt an aspect of their life that is a problem, it's really like expecting someone to be happy when a disaster happens. Then when the person describes the "disaster" it is perceived that the person is being negative. This is similar to the plight i'm in; i have no proper friends...something i cannot do anything about, so is that supposed to be a good thing. Next, i've been having problems at home. Furthermore, i'm confused about life...as in purpose and meaning. Finally, i seriously don't know how to even enjoy my life.

Comments

Popular Posts