God's Prevailing Plan

I really need to finally put my doubts and fears to rest, coz this whole about not being sure if I made the right decision to pursue my dreams which seems to be beyond what I'm capable of.


I read this article called Whose Dream Is It, which was exactly what I needed...coz it was about the exact same issue I have been having as to whether I'm chasing my own dream or if God put that dream in my heart.



#1 If God is for it, then its of Him.
We are a culture in need of an accurate view of what God is for.
God is not for greed, hate, jealousy, anger, bitterness, pride, selfish gain or deceit. So if any of the dreams in our hearts bring out these attributes in us, most likely…it is not of God.
God is for love, goodness, generosity, mercy, forgiveness, kindness and the expansion of the gospel. No matter how big, crazy sounding or wild our dreams are…if these things are represented, God is in it.
“What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?” -Romans 8:31
#2 God dreams are engaged, not isolated. 
Every day God dreams are on the verge of ending.
Shocking statistics tell us that 90% of people who begin following God’s purpose for their lives will give up before they complete the tasks. As much as I don’t want to ever be apart of that percentage, I’m sure I already have been.
I’ve given up on God before He’s even had a chance to work because I needed to have things my way. My dreams were isolated. I’ve learned the hard way, I cannot bring my agenda to God and ask Him to bless it.
Maybe it would help to remember how much is at stake because we need things our way?
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. -Isaiah 55:8
#3 You may feel alone at first, but God will build a community around you.
As we pursue God dreams in our hearts people will discourage us. They may not do this intentionally but Satan needs us discouraged and will sometimes use those closest to us to bring us down.
You may have people that you thought would be friends forever with leave your side as you walk towards your dream. God created us with a need for community and when we feel alone, we will feel discouraged.
God always starts a movement of Him with one person but it always ends up with a community built around it. Know that your season of loneliness won’t stay forever. Be open to those God is bringing to you. He just may use the most unlikely person in your life.
 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” -Isaiah 41:1

I guess this has made me consider more accurately whether what I'm pursuing a God dream, but I can't say I know now if my dreams are what God wants me to do. However, I think it's important for me to know that even if it is a wrong decisions, God is there for me and is in control, I can turn any our bad choices around for good.

The whole reason I think that I've had such a struggle with this issue about whether I made the right decision to pursue my dreams, was because I failed to see that God is always there for me and even when I fall or lose my way or make wrong decisions. Therefore, I don't have to be afraid of making bad decisions because God will be there to pick me up again when I fall and guide me back to the right path.

It's sort of like a father being there for a child, giving the child room to make mistakes and learn from them, but providing the child with guidance and support, and picking the child when he/she falls down. And, the child knows that whatever situation he finds himself in, the father is there to help the child get through it and take control of the situation.

Well, no earthly father can really be in control of everything. However, we do have a heavenly father who is in control of everything. He is able to truly be there for us always and he can turn any situation around for good. There is really no mess God cannot get one out of. We can have all the plans in the world for our lives, but at the end of the day God takes all of it, good and bad, and achieves His purpose. God knows best and has ultimate control, so He is able to use our mistakes to achieve something good out of it or He directs us back to the path He wants for us.

God has given us freedom of choice, we can choose to ignore what is right God does not force his will on us. It is often the case that when we bring a problem on ourselves, we blame god as if it were his fault. When an accident, tragedy problem or crisis occurs we say it's God's will.

But the truth is that God's will is not always done, God has a will for our lives but he has given us a free will too. So when we choose to go our own way, he chooses to limit himself. He will allow us the freedom of choice to make mistakes and cause problems in our own lives. And, because everyone else has free choice, the mistakes and decisions of others can hurt us too.

However, God is in ultimate control of the final outcome. He can take all our mistakes and all the sins then turn them around and bring good out of bad. God sees what is going on, but he also has given us free choice and he does not intervene against our free will. He has limited himself. But he will use our bad choices, and even the bad things that happen to us to turn things around and bring good out of them in the final outcome if we let him.

Besides, God opens the door for us where He wants us to go through, and He shuts the doors to where He does not plan us to be. So if it's meant to be, it will work out perfectly...

Proverbs 19:21

New International Version (NIV)

 21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
   but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.


Comments

Popular Posts