October...A New Way of Thinking...

Well, I’m in time to make this weeks’ blog post I guess. The week has really been great, feeling fine and things are not bad at all. I feel like I’ve been inspired and energised again. And, I’ve even managed to drag myself out of procrastination to go and do the things I needed to do in the week. I feel like I’m changing and becoming a better person, and like I’m finding myself again. Things in my life seem to all be ok and things are all looking great again. What else can I say, everything is just going well again and praise God for that. Basically, during the week the main thing was that I believe I’ve made a huge difference and change in myself. It’s like I’ve got a fresh new way of thinking.


So yea, last week I just began to feel like everything was going well and my life was feeling fine again. And, I spent the week doing all the things I needed to do, and went out a few trips to some of the gardens and National Parks in the country. It began with a short, leisurely trip to the Botanical Gardens on one of the evenings during the week, then on another day we went to Fort Canning Park where I crossed over to Park Mall and then to Plaza Singapura. And, finally to top off my nature walks for the week, I went to walk along the Southern Ridges route, well starting from Telok Blangah Hill Park instead of Henderson Waves at Mt. Faber. So basically, I went from the forest canopy walk at Telok Blangah to the Alexandra Arch to Hort Park and then Kent Ridge Park before turning back. It is one of my favourite nature walks, and it’s just so cool especially the Forest Canopy Walk.

That was the parks I visited, but as for the rest of the week, I began the week, kind of very slack and not feeling like doing much, then I had chess lesson and spent some of my own time doing chess related stuff. Then, of course I went to visit the parks. And in the midst of that, I did all my chess homework and installed all the stuff on my PC which was only recently fixed but with all my memory lost in the PC, I had to reinstall my stuff so yea. And, of course I did the usual stuff in my schedule, like my bible reading and watching TV and playing com, and some exercises. Lastly, on the weekend, I had chess training which I played one of my worst games ever, and Sunday had church, and went out with family for lunch and of course went on my trip to the Southern Ridges. So that sums my week up.

Now then, I feel that the ultimate thing about last week was not really in the things I did but in the thoughts and learning points of last week. So as always, I shall share about my thoughts from last week. So the key thing was that I realised a new way of thinking and things in my life feel much better and I guess my life has been going quite well all this while, it’s just now and then I let the not so good things pull me down and at times when I was joyful and feeling everything is good, it was when I didn’t allow those negative things affect me. But, I must I certainly know that I’m much closer to resolving some of the major issues in my life. So also, as much as I was feeling great again about my life whole of last week and things going well, just as the week ended and this new one began, some issue in my life did crop up again and upset me.

However, this time I don’t think I can let it affect anymore, coz I’ve been sick of going through these crazy ups and downs. And, just feel something has been wrong with me lately, I mean seriously why do I keep going through these crazy highs and lows recently, and isn’t it in my heart to know that I should be joyful in all circumstances, what happened to that? Where have those good things about me gone? I just haven’t been myself, and I need to get back to normal soon. And, mentally, I mean, I feel like I’ve a lack of concentration in everything now, and I’m not even thinking or using my head. Just look at how I lost my recent chess games, free piece in the opening, what’s wrong? And, where is my passion gone? Why do I keep procrastinating, ok but that has improved. And, physically, I don’t feel in my best possible shape. I’m just not myself in that way I’ve acted recently. I really got to find a way out of this. So I just pray that the Lord will help overcome all these things and be able to just live every moment joyfully, without letting all these things pull me down. All my burdens I shall let God take the weight of, and to live joyfully and bring glory to God in all that I do.

Anyway, having said all that, here’s about this new way of thinking that has come out of my thoughts from last week, coz in fact it epitomises much of my personal thought of the week for last week. Basically, it all began middle of the week when as indecisive of a person as I am, my dad offered to take me out and I could not say if there was anything I wanted to do or a place I really wanted to go. So yes, you heard me right, the new way of thinking I’m talking about it with regards to deciding and thinking of what I want to do and where I want to go. In broader terms, I would say thinking in regards to living my life. I mean, I’ve talked about how it’s hard to make decisions in life, but that in deciding everything we do we should seek the will of God, and I certainly try my best to do that and that is the right way. But, it is also necessary for us to think about our lives. And, that is where this new way of thinking comes in.

Previously, being very much sheltered and a frog in a well, my thinking till today is still very small scale as much as I have big dreams and very introspective. And, I have a desperate lack of creativity. And, I just don’t have enough of a forward thinking mind in the sense that I reflect a lot. I also don’t have a lot of ideas about what exists out there in terms of places, activities, things to see and do, things to experience, and just products and innovation. And, I guess sometimes not open enough or receptive enough. Sometimes even letting conformity stop me from doing the things I want and being that who I really am. Like, how I felt bad about crossing over to PS from fort canning to have lunch late. Installed stuff in my upstairs com. So the way of thinking came about from a conversation with my dad and my own pondering. So I would say what it entails is first an idea suggested by my dad like how he use the Idea of using product design for example which is my interest and what I hope to study soon to decide of the things I want to see and do with regards to it like to get ideas and just fascinate myself in the world of this, my interest.

So the new way of thinking involves taking a list of all I am interested in and see how I can fit these things into my daily life and so fill my life with meaningful activities. And, it doesn’t need to be about just having fun or be for interest sake alone but to even achieve something through it. Coz like previously when I realise that design was something I’m passionate about, I was thinking about it in the sense of something I want to dedicate my life to doing and to study it and eventually do it as work, so as enjoy my work and never have to work a day in my life. But, now I’m looking at it from a perspective of turning it into my hobby at the same time. It is truly a whole new way of looking at things and it’s amazing.

Now then, as for other aspects of this new way of thinking, I guess it is basically to be more open, to widen my horizon in terms of my thinking and to move from inward thinking to outward thinking. And, to be more people minded. Also, the new way of thinking is to be creative and forward in my thinking. To discover all the avenues for me live out my life as fully as possible. To let my imagination take me where I could not imagine even, coz imagination or the lack of it should not limit my life but should broader everything and be as vast as the skies. It is also about being positive and seeing possibilities, to trust that there is something exciting at every corner in life. Lastly, the new way of thinking is to go out and do the things I want to do and not procrastinate, to live my life such that I have no regrets having not gone out to do the things I want to do. Coz if we do nothing, dreams will always just be dreams. We can’t hold on and not do anything, but we need to go and reach for them and take the first step to achieve something with our lives and not hold back.

So that’s what got from last week, the realisation of a need to think in a new way, beyond what I would normally do. And, the fact that I was able to have such great trips that I had of visiting the nature parks is a result of my new way of thinking, in that I didn’t just sit at home and not put in the effort to think about how to spend my time, but I actually figured something I wanted to do and went out and did it, which ended up being a good experience. I guess that’s about as much I can say about my trips, I mean, I didn’t give much of a description of my experience there and the places but there’s probably no point since that has been done by others before, so oh well... My point is just that it’s October and I’ve got a new way of thinking...

Boys Like Girls

Go

“Get up and go
Take a chance and be strong
Or you could spend your whole life holding on
Don't look back; just go
Take a breath, move along
Or you could spend your whole life holding on
You could spend your whole life holding on
Don't spend your whole life holding on”

Chemicals Collide

“I got a new way of thinking...”

Anyway, here are some of the pictures...


Fort Canning Park/Telok Blangah Hill Park/Alexandra Arch/HortPark/Kent Ridge Park

Comments

Popular Posts