Just When i Thought the Worst was Over...but i Just Need to Believe...

Where do I start? Well, last week was kind of crazy, it’s like I had at the beginning of last week got over my unhappiness and all the issues that were bothering me. But before I could even start to enjoy that moment, I was hit with a whole slew of problems, from having all my uni applications rejected, to causing trouble at home, to how all I ever want in life seems so far away…I don’t know, just everything in my life last week seem to be wrong or completely fall apart again. The crazy thing is that, I keep going through this silly cycle of feeling horrible to feeling good over and over again. And, I began to feel frustrated and upset about all the bad things that were happening.

This was where I realised that it was not good at all, I had actually slipped into this state of worrying and letting the problems affect me in a negative way. I began to wonder to myself, what happened to the person I used to be? What about the consider it pure joy when we face trials, the God is bigger than any problem we will ever face, don’t worry everything will be fine just trust in the Lord, God has a plan to prosper and not to fail you, focus on God and not your problems and most of all be joyful in all circumstances. Why did these not register this time? Where is my faith and trust in God? That I have let the troubles and problems get to me. When I faced problems, I never used to be so upset by it but I had last week. And, I just couldn’t remember what exactly it was that keep me afloat even when I was drowning in problems last time out, but I just knew I had to trust. I still needed to find the reason for what kept me strong and unfazed by problems before. I was even into encouraging others to not worry about their problems coz actually problems are nothing, and they don’t really matter, but what matters in it is that it is an opportunity to grow.

We can even delight when things are not going well, because we know that God is with us, we are being conform by the Lord, we are being brought even closer to God and we know that life is not only about the here and now but we have a reward in heaven that awaits us. But most importantly, I feel that we should not let our problems affect us because, problems are actually not problems at all, but are part of God’s plan to ultimately make us who He wants us to be and to bring glory to His name, our problems apply to the verse that says that all things work for the good of those who love Him. And, problems never last forever, there will always be a resolution in the end somehow no matter what, and we can trust that the Lord to solve our problems if that be His will and sometimes He allows things to happen for a reason, but stressing here that all the bad things DO NOT come from God.

So yea, these were the things I held onto so strongly to prior to this and that left me able to disregard all my problems not that I did try my best to fix problems where I could, but we must realise that it is Christ who gives us strength to conquer all things, not by our own effort that we can overcome our problems. So let go and let God. And, it is good to be reminded that God’s grace too is sufficient for us. And, I feel that all these truths that I’ve mentioned here from God’s word can be applied to every area of our lives, not just problems per se but also our weaknesses, mistakes, regrets, troubles, frustrations, bad things, hurts, grievances and what not. Just give everything to God and not let the bad things upset you in any way, for God does not take away your problems but He places His hand under your hand and takes the weight and the troubles do not matter for God’s glory is our one and only ultimate aim, coz in the end what do these matter only that we have become who God calls us to be and to claim our ultimate prize that is eternal life with Christ.

I’m starting to see that perhaps all these bad things last week was to remind me that I can’t do anything on my own but that God is the one in control and who gives us the strength to do all things. Last week, I was unable to put this in to practise and forgot all these truths because I’ve have sort of lost touch and been too focussed on my life since the start of this year. So at least now I have reminded myself. Thus, truly I just pray that the Lord will give me the strength even in the face of problems and the storms of life to trust completely and wholly with a faith that is so great, that only the Lord can give, to help me remember why I don’t have to be affected by my problems, to have joy despite any circumstances, and to let God conform me into His image and learn from my mistakes, and to live my life fully for His glory and to be unfazed by anything. And, also to know that God has a good and perfect plan for my life, so even though things seem bleak now like my uni application, I so trust God to open the right door for me and to be joyful knowing that I have a hope and future in Christ, that my best life has yet to reach fulfilment.

And, all hope really isn’t lost, for I can still get into uni to do something I enjoy through appeal, so I just pray and hope that the Lord will provide me with this as He always has in all other things in my life, and now that I’ve come so far, surely He will not forsake me as He promised. Just got to believe that all things will be great again and will work out, and I will be able to overcome my problems and not be fazed by them and that the Lord will be glorified. And, as for how my life seems so far from the life I’ve hoped for and wanted I know that the Lord will allow me to life that life in His time in Christ.

So finally, back to my point, last week I felt good again but was short lived as many problems came back at me, and brought back to light the old problems combined with the new, I failed to remember the truths in God’s word that should have allowed me to be unfazed by the problems, but now having refreshed myself in this again, I feel that I will be able as I’ve already started to feel now that is to be joyful in all circumstances good or bad and the bad things are no longer stressing me out anymore, and have no more grip on me. And, all my problems are no longer a bummer to me anymore. For I am in Christ and He is in me, so therefore I shall then overcome all problems through Him, and by faith I will continue to grow towards the goal of sanctification.

So to end, here’s a verse that has been quoted a lot but still relevant of course…

Be anxious for nothing,
But in everything,
By prayer and supplication,
With thanksgiving,
Let your request be made known to God.
Philippians 4: 6

Be it troubles, problems, mistakes or something we desire, this truth still stands all the same. That is all I have to say about last week…Just that the week before was bad enough and I didn’t expect it could get any worst but it did, but I need to believe…believe that things will get better and nothing should faze me troubles and all, for God’s plan for me is good and perfect…

Comments

Popular Posts