Easter Week...

Ok, just backtracking a little here in this post about the past week. This past week was not great but was ok i guess. It was filled with mixed emotions, from boredom to unhappiness, to love to being sombre, to joy and even anxiety.

Firstly, Monday and Tuesday were really boring but i got through with my usual time on the com and watching TV and reading the Bible. And, it wasn't the best day with some trivial matters that ruined the day, but oh well. I did feel though that everything was going pretty well, although i can't exactly rmb what it really was. Oh wait, yea, it was the fact that i needed to write a testimony for my baptism but didn't know what to write, then out of nowhere pastor email me saying he could use what i wrote on my blog. So, I used that and some other things i wrote to pastor about before and my testimony was done, that was amazing, i believe God must have been working to make that happen. Then, on Wednesday I felt something hard to explain, it was a little sad and yet still feeling kind of good on the other hand. I guess, it was a mixture of being frustrated that other people are doing so much with their holidays while I'm at home not really doing much, and for the longest time I've been thinking about stuff I wanna do in the holiday but nothing has yet to materialise and feeling slightly lonely again perhaps. But, it was still ok though.

Next, was Thursday which I can't really say much but only that I attended Maundy Thursday Service at church at night. It was great to meet with church members and to celebrate the passover feast, to rmb on the fateful day before Jesus' Death. We met many of the old church members which was quite refreshing and i must say the service was well done. Basically, we had the holy communion, a meal, a mini skit, some songs, bible reading and pastor's short message. It just helped us to really relive that moment in history and see how great it was for Jesus to do what He did for us on the cross. It seem also to come as a timely reminder that because of what the Lord has done, as long as we believe we are saved and forgiven, and even if we make mistakes, the Lord will forgive us as long as we confess our sins and try our best to honor God in all that we do. Coz, like on Friday I felt somehow pretty emo don't know why, perhaps due to the dark weather on Good Friday, it's strange how it always rains on Good Friday. It was more of the same wanting to do more with my life thing and just feeling so disconnected from the world. And, my bro let me hear the song Mad World by Gary Jules which was sang by Adam Lambert, my favourite by a country mile right now for American Idol. And, i realised that in the lyrics of the song it says, The Dreams in Which I'm Dying are the Best I Ever Had...which was exactly the title of the post in her blog. The song was depressing enough haha..but i like that kind of music. And, at the same time she had just posted so many pictures. It reminded of all the things I liked about her, the music, the art and the life. But, of course, I know that is impossible now although i wish it were, so that's in the past now. That is the reason why I wrote what i did on facebook. I just hope that the best friend to me at the moment actually does feel the same way towards me as i do which i think is the case, although she might have denied being so concerned. Coz she's the one I care about only now, just that there's one thing that allows me only to be just mere friends and that is that she's not a believer. But, maybe she sees me only as a friend, so that would at least work out too. So perhaps the reminder here was that no matter how emo I felt that I should rejoice remembering what the Lord has done for me. That nite anw, was great, we went out to eat icecream at Swensens nearby.

But, more importantly, on Saturday, I was upset with myself for slipping up again and I felt bad again, so the Lord reminded me again that just as is on my com's wallpaper, "your sins are forgiven", as long as it is confessed. Anw, then that same day in the spirit of Easter we went to church to give pastor a basket of easter eggs with the easter message...if you are interested you can check it out, it's called Jeremy's Egg can go google it I'm sure it can be found, the easter story that I'm talking about. But, haha...strangely, I haven't even eaten a single easter egg choclate all week. Hrm...I think I've got a good idea, it's not too late to dig in haha. In the same afternoon, I had chess squad training but i lost my game again ahhhhh.

Finally, Sunday, the church message was about the reality of God rising again from the dead and it's significance in our lives, that in Him we can have eternal life if only we believe. And, I can't tell you how real it is that I feel it too, in fact there is real evidence in the world to prove God but a pity many don't believe, so I just hope that many more people would know this, so yea. And, then, i had my baptism, it was ok, but cold, glad that two turned up and people were touched, and i also got presents one of which is a necklace. After that, my family had lunch outside together to sort of celebrate. So that was my past week...

The great thing about the week was my baptism, but as for all the other issues in my life, I just hope i can overcome them, especially in trusting that God has forgiven me just as the baptism symbolised, the old has gone, the new has been born. Also, the other things but, so I hope everything will be great again and I'll be happy, and all my days would feel right...yea.

Comments

Popular Posts