Watching as time flys by...

This past week was nothing short of the same thing, as in, it was just like any other week of my holiday. But, in fact this past week was pretty smooth and everything went just ok, apart from a few unpleasant things, I would say it was almost perfect, of course I probably could’ve done more but oh well. It was one of those weeks, where I feel like everything feels alright and fine and nothing earth shattering happened, and there aren’t any issues in my life that I’m struggling with. I just felt like in the past week every area of my life seemed right. Anyway ,though, the past week was quite uneventful but yet there were some very important moments in the past week. And, last week flew by so fast, it feels almost like I’m sitting there while time is ticking away, as things just happened so quickly and I have very little to do, so here’s about last week anyway….

Firstly, Monday was pretty mundane, I just spent most of my day on the computer on msn, facebook and surfing the net, occasionally playing FIFA on the com. And, for the rest of the time, just watching TV was all I did. But, Tuesday which was pretty much the same, was actually an important day last week, as after a day of the same things as Monday, at night, pastor and two deacons came to our house to interview me before they decided to go ahead with baptising me this coming Easter Sunday the 12th of April. Anyway, so it went pretty smoothly although I was somewhat apprehensive before that, and the decision was made for me to be baptised on Easter Sunday, of course currently I’m still having baptism class. But, I just wanna say that baptism is really just the next step for me in obedience to God’s call to be baptised. And, it is a testimony of God’s reality in my life and a commitment to the Church and to Christ, to officially be a member of the Church. I must say I’m glad that I’m going through with this, but on the other hand, I can’t believe that I’m going to be baptised already, I mean, I must say there was a time when I was really not sure what testimony I could share. However, somehow, I reached this point and it’s really amazing. And, I guess, if I were to summarise how God has been real to me, it would be that firstly, through growing up in a Christian environment, going through Church and Sunday school and stuff, how the Lord has helped to get through school all the way to now, how the Lord has been there for me going through three surgeries, but most importantly, I must say my two years in ACJC has been the most crucial in my spiritually growth so far, and that is because that is where I really experienced God through worship, where I learned what it means to live life for God’s glory, where I learned to trust the Lord and have joy despite my circumstances and where God really spoke to me through the many devotions, messages and situations and in the process changed me and transformed me into who I am today. So, anyway praise God that I’m gonna get baptised soon yea…

Then, for the next three days, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, again I did the same things, but the difference was that at least I had something to really watch on TV and that was American Idol again on Wednesday and Thursday, and also I spent some time doing my chess homework the analysis of my game I played on the Saturday before. But, what was most important about these three days is that, I spent considerable time pondering about two issues in my life and trying to think of ways to try and go about making changes, especially socially and also rediscover my faith that was born out of past events. Well, while talking with Gen about inviting my classmates for my baptism, I asked about classmate phone numbers, and the issue of me not being very close to my classmates came up. And, you know I realise that because I’m such a quiet person, I was completely unable to form substantial friendships. But, I mean, it has been quite hard for me, coz I’m not exactly an outgoing person but I wanna be and I’m trying, still it has worked out yet. I know I can change and I’m slowly changing and becoming more sociable, hopefully from now on I can sustain proper friendships even if I’m not sure what I can salvage from the past. I must admit that the reason I don’t talk much outside when I’m in school or hanging on the rare occasions, because I simply don’t know what to talk about, but if I get to know people, it seems I somehow and get over that and I’m completely different. I must it’s just like that show on MTV Why Can’t I Be You? I find that most have issues with talking to others and being shy. And, it really helps if someone can help one get out of the shell. But, for me I must say it’s not that I’m insecure that I don’t speak up but really that I don’t know what to say. So, but I’m determined to continue to improve that. And, on a side note, I think that watching a lot of inspirational shows and shows about psychology, has helped a lot. The other issue was my faith, I know I believe in God, but the baptism had really make me think about my faith, and I was not sure really what it is that makes me believe although I know consciously that I believe in Christ. So began to try reading all the material that previously helped me in my Christian life and listening to them songs, but most importantly I went back to read my old blog posts, and I guess it helped me to rmb the times that really let me know God is real, and I feel that my faith has some grounding in things that have happened to me in the past. I just think that maybe God is trying to wean me of that feeling that God is real, to just believe without needing that feeling, coz I really think that we don’t need a reason to believe in Jesus, we just believe because we believe and of course I know there are things that happen in our lives that do reveal God. So that really helped and I managed to finally get over that feeling and the issue of my faith, and like the verse that our church deacon shared with me we can run to God’s promises which will never fail, whenever we face the lows in our walk of faith.

Finally, on Saturday had chess training yea, started training with the squad again…haha but anyway, this past week, I lost again. But, at least I feel like I’m playing better, although I know I should have at least drawn the game; just hoping to continue to improve my game…yea. On Sunday, though, it was pretty amazing and I was a little anxious, we sang a song as a special item as part of pastor’s sermon on the family designed by God. But, we did it in the end and I’m sure we glorified God with our voices, and touched some of the members’ hearts, so that was good. The message was short but good, and it did speak to me and I really hope that God will continue to help my family grow and to help us to love each other and be the family God created us to be. So that was that. But, that same night I guess I sort of did not contribute to that, I caused a small issue to sprout up at home, however, I think we got through that and yea so everything’s fine again. Just pray that the Lord will continue to help me be a better person. And, just also wanna share that in the past two weeks I have started a Bible reading plan and I have kept to the schedule all week, so thank God for that.

To end, I just really hope that I can really spent my time well for the rest of my holiday, so that I make the most of my time and not just sit back and watch as time flies by, which I have already done a lot of…so yea

Comments

Popular Posts