The Moment of Truth...

No, I’m not talking about the show The Moment of Truth, I’m referring to my A Level results being released today. It’s really amazing, the feeling I got back at school today, like being in this building with the atmosphere and all the people. And, as for the moment of truth for me, it was unbelievable. I mean, I was there almost sort of preparing myself for the worst, because I didn’t feel very good about my papers after I took them during the A levels. But, I won’t say that I was not trusting in the Lord, I was definitely hoping for the best even if I feared the worst. The most amazing thing though is that, God made a way and blessed me with decent even if it was not brilliant results. It’s like I’ve thought for the longest time that my math and chem were so dead, but somehow I passed, that was just crazy. I just cannot but praise God for it is only by Him that I can now be able to say I have decent results. Well, so here’s how everything went today…First, could not sleep all nite before today, but got up early and did my usual stuff, then got myself ready to go, dressing into one of my nicer sets of clothes. And, I could barely even eat anything for lunch. Then, arrived at school met some of my classmates.

Thereafter, some of the teachers mentioned to me that I did ok, and at first I was like not sure what that was suppose to mean. At that point, I was still thinking my chem and math may fail. Anw, so then next, as everyone got settled in the principal wished us all the best for our results. And, then proceeded with awarding the students with there number A’s. Was so bored ah seriously…like the mere mortals had to wait for this 200 plus people to get on stage, but anw was cool that the school did quite well I guess. The atmosphere was almost electric with like everyone so eager to get their results. Finally, it was our turn to get our results, made my way to the front and got my results. Was definitely pleasantly surprised, coz I actually passed everything! Well, this would not be a happy thing for, the average student, but I was indeed happy and praise God even though it wasn’t fantastic because for me to even get those results is nothing short of a miracle. But, ok I thought I would not but I guess I will reveal what I got. I got like B for H2 Econs, C for H2 Geog, D for H2 Chem, E for H1 math and B for GP. Ok, as you can see not the best results in the world, but decent and I’m satisfied. Would love to have done better, but I can’t complain, coz I would gotten worst results if not for the Lord.

Anw, the school interviewed me, coz basically given my circumstances it is already amazing, well at least that how everyone feels, although sure it doesn’t mean that given my condition someone cannot do better, but it definitely was a disadvantage, so a job well done then considering all this. Right now, though the most important thing is that I should be happy that another in my life has been put behind. Hearing what others did, I was not exactly as excited as initially but I’m still pleased that I did ok, I mean I thought I was going to fail my chem and math yet I passed both, so it is a good thing for me. Well, I guess that how Man is we are never content, but having at least passed everything decently, I can’t ask for any more than that, because the Lord has blessed me and allowed me to pass, something I could not have ever done on my own. All glory to God is the only fair thing to say, He is truly my victory.

Now then, back tracking to the earlier parts of the week before my A level results released date, there were some things I did and stuff I thought about.
Well, first thing, basically since the start of last week, my mum changed my computer’s wallpaper to the March Calendar one and on it is the quote:

If I have any worth, it is to live my life for God.
- Saint Patrick

And, that really struck me and that became one of the main thinking points for my week. It all started because upon reading the quote, I actually hesitated for a while before agreeing with it. It’s like that is such an amazing quote and I believe that is really so true, but somehow I wondered whether I really believe this in my heart more than just in my head. And, I really tried to remember what exactly it was in the past that gave me a strong conviction of the truth of this statement. I couldn’t not actually recall anything specific, but I guess, there was a time in my life in the past two years that I suddenly felt like my life was seemingly meaningless, even though true I have believed in Christ since I was a kid. Somehow things felt meaningless in my life. And, as I also struggled in my goal of trying to live life to the fullest and have friends, it was difficult. But, coupled with some events in my life, I was led to the conclusion that meaning is found in the purpose that God has for our lives which are found in Rick Warren’s Purpose Driven Life, and I realised that a life lived to the fullest is a life lived for God. And, later on it was helpful when I finally understood the meaning and secret of worship, which is in doing everything that we do for God’s glory. I understood that because of an article I read on the net called SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR. And, really, if you think about it there is nothing worth living for in this world. Money, power, possessions, pleasure, business success, fame and a whole lot more, are all temporal things that will fade away when we die. And, at the end of our lives as Christian we will be in Heaven with our Lord and all we will do is worship the Lord…so all the other things don’t matter except living for God.

But, also God is so great, He deserves all glory and that should be our desire. And, also since we are created by God, because there is no other way, that is God must have created us which is true, we are made to live for God, so what else could be worthwhile doing. I must say I’ve never really thought about life as in the way this quote puts it and so it really struck me. I guess, only in living for God’s glory by doing everything as doing it for the Lord could I really feel joy and fulfilment in my life. Also, I guess, as I sought to fit all the pieces in my life together to understand God’s purpose for our life, search for meaning in life and like my passion to live life to the fullest, it allowed me to realise the truth in a real way that live is about living for God. Also, it was like when everything else seemed to fail, I put my trust in our unfailing God and I saw that truly all I need is God alone.

I don’t know how to explain my journey, but to put I all into a sentence I feel that it was like all my thoughts and events made me realise this truth to DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART, I(JESUS) HAVE COME THAT YOU MAY HAVE LIFE AND LIFE IN FULL and AS YOU KNOW HIM BETTER, HE WILL GIVE YOU THRU HIS POWER, EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR LIVING A TRULY GOOD LIFE and even SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU. It is only in Christ that we have something to live for, His glory gives meaning to our lives when we live for God’s glory, in everything I tried to do God made me see that we can only live for Him, that is the true way to live and only thing is worthwhile doing. But, anw, Baptism class last week was about loving the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, which I feel links back to the point of being true to God. This reminded me of the need to have a genuine love for God, which also reminded me about having a true faith from the heart and in relation to living life, to truly live for God because of my desire to and out of love and gratitude.


And, as for most of the past week, my weeks have been really boring, although thank God I still could somewhat occupy myself. But still, I really wished that during the holiday I would have done so much more, like get a real job, go out with friends, be involved in some form of interest or hobby and participate in fun activities, instead of being stuck at home. In fact, the lack of things to do and the boredom, made me have lots of time to think about things maybe too much time to imagine things, like with my A level results out on Friday, I had so much time to think about that. At least, now it’s over and I actually did get a satisfactory result that I’m happy with and I think by God’s grace I would be able to get into the course I want to get into, all this when it seemed like my result were going to disappoint. So, anw I’m glad and I thank God for being so faithful to me, He gave me good results even when it didn’t seem that it was going to be the case. And, E told me something before I collected my A level results that,” God doesn’t need A level results to get you to where you want to be”. And, truly in my heart I felt that as long as it is in His will I can get into the course I want, even if my results were to have been not good enough I could get into the course I want, for that’s what God can do. Before that, I also told myself to trust God for He has plan for me already. And, I realised that He will open the door for me if that is where He wants me to go. I’m not sure if my results are good enough though I did quite well but I know that God will make a way for me to get into the course I want, so yea, I’m happy and content. I thought before this that I will praise the Lord no matter what but now I have all the more reason to praise God for He has given me what I needed.

Anw, during the past week I also got an account on Imeem, I had to resort to this coz I’m desperate to listen to music which I can’t get to buy. And, I’m so happy coz at least now I get to listen to songs I like but cannot get. And, I read up about the story of Colbie Calliat’s rise to stardom and I was inspired. Well, no one knows this but I always dreamed I could be a singer, and so yea, now I think I’m going to start singing lessons soon. It is just such an amazing thing for me. Anw, now then moving on…this past week I’ve been so happy and I’ve been feeling good both emotionally and spiritually. I just felt passion and joy in me again and everything too was really great the past week. I guess also listening to music on my itunes cheered me up and made me feel happy and inspired again. It’s quite ironic but everytime I listen to emo songs, I actually am cheered up by it, so anw that helped make my mood. So anw, also now that I’ve gotten my results back, there’s still some time before uni starts. Thus, I’ve made a list of things I must get done, like meet up with my classmates again, have a BBQ, go for singing and art lessons, have fun and get a job, and much more.

So yea…that's pretty much all i have to say about my week, just wanna thank God again for my results, truly what an amazing week...

Comments

Popular Posts