Goodbye 2019, Hello 2020

I wasn't really intending jumping on the vision 2020 or hindsight 2020 memes bandwagon, but I can't help being amazed that we have reached the year 2020, a date we don't talk about in actual terms but as meaning having foresight or the benefit of hindsight.

This new year is not just about the ending of 2019 but also marks the end of a decade and of course a start to a new year and decade.

 In terms of the decade, it was the rise from the lowest point in my life to the highest point. Back in 2010, it was after I couldn't make it to university and had only just begun my journey of chasing my dreams to study product design and sing. By the end of the decade now, I have sung at the esplanade, got a diploma in product design, got into university to study product design, had my artwork shown as part of the ASEAN para games, graduated from university with honors, had my FYP exhibited, made it to the school magazine and local newspaper, was featured on a TV documentary and worked at company to build a robotic arm. I also made some friends along the way. 

For the year itself 2019, it has been better than expected in some ways considering the situation, although not everything I hoped for happened. I was holding on the hope that I would recover from my health issues but not sure if I would. In the end, thank God but I was able to recover from my shoulder pain and cough less. I have also managed to use the time of recovery to further improve my graphic design skills and be more confident.

Looking forward to 2020, it is looking promising with regards to finding a solution to my outstanding health problems, urinary, sleep and breathing. I feel a greater sense of optimism in terms social  inclusion with the year starting of being invited to be part of the young adults annual new year party and the public speaking class. I'm also taking steps towards starting a job again by applying to do a course in digital marketing and seeking a job. There are some areas I really want to improve such as being more confident to open up more to others, be myself and just socialize better by being more engaged and involved, and speak up more. While I may not be exactly trying to find a suitable product design job now, my aim is to take steps through getting some job first before achieving that one day. To summarize, health, employment and social life, are my goals for 2020.

I will continue to trust God who has blessed me in greater ways than I expected and has been there for me and delivered me in the bad times. I'm still struggling with many things but I feel like I'm moving in a more positive direction now. So bring on 2020!

Comments

Popular Posts