The Sunshine in the Midst of the Storm

10th to 21th


It’s amazing what the Lord has done for me in the past week...things have taken a turn for the better. The way things change is so amazing, one moment it’s one way and next it’s another. I was feeling like a lot of things weren’t going well for me the weeks before, plus I was struggling to get my first major report and presentation out, and of course as I mentioned in my last post physically it’s been demanding. But, I got used to it, the schedule and long hours and stuff. However, I missed a few days of chess cca and CF, here and there during the past few weeks. I also had a break from singing lessons on Tuesday one week, where I had a combine lesson for a Friday slot, although I did have to go one of the Tuesdays.

But, the week from the 17th-21th of May began with me feeling like things weren’t going well but by the end of the week, by God’s grace I felt comforted and so much better. God showed me that all I need is Him. And God showed me that no matter how difficult things get, that He will take care of me so I should cast my anxieties on Him. God gave me strength and things feel so much better and I rested which made everything seem better.

By God’s grace, I got thru with HPD Assignment and I felt less discouraged about things, and I regained my confidence in doing well in the course.

Basically, in the past few weeks, having been so busy, I had no energy to do anything and my VTDS lesson was a complete waste of time for me as I struggled to do the work which was kind of demoralising. And, being tired, I felt like poly was much harder than I thought (physically), especially with the longer hours for PDI and ton of deadlines to meet...but like I said above, God gave me the strength and I didn’t feel tired anymore and I was more upbeat about everything. And, I chose not to let the little issues I was facing affect me, coz I believe that I couldn’t let the little things get me down, coz there's so much more in my life right now that is going the way I want, like being in a course I love.

But, even after such a roller coaster of two weeks from the 10th to the 21st of May, I continued to be very busy. It was difficult but I got by. Again, I struggled with feelings of being too preoccupied by my work, that I’ve neglected my spiritual life. But, at least, I was able to get my work done and get through everything smoothly, and I did manage to read my bible on a few occasions. So, I would say I felt like things were getting better in the week. There was just one thing I was a little starting to doubt my improvements socially. I so I felt this way: Just when I thought I've changed and opened myself up a lot more, I'm faced with the all too familiar taste of loneliness...so please tell me things will change coz I still believe I've made a breakthrough...But, I held onto the belief that I made improvements and tell myself, to keep moving forward and I will get the breakthrough. And, I must say I feel better about it now.

It was appropriate though in the midst of all this that the message at Church again, confirmed how I was feeling and the things I was going through. Like, God reminded me that, we will have problems in life, just as I have been facing problems. This is because of this fallen world we live in, but that if we cry out to God, he hears our cries. He may not take away our problems although sometimes he does, but God is sovereign and uses all the good and the bad things, to ultimately achieve His plans. So, I should trust in Him and not let the troubles bring me down, coz God is in control.

Comments

Popular Posts