The Point of Everything I Ever Wanted

26th of April to 8th May

I’ve been so tired and busy that I haven’t blogged in two weeks. There’s so much I wanna say but having been unable to blog due to time constraints for awhile, I can’t remember most of what I wanted to say. But, I feel like it’s so important for me to write about my life right now, coz it’s such an exciting time in my life now. So i hope to do my best to describe how life’s been like studying in a course I have a passion for in poly and to share my feelings in coming to terms with getting what I’ve wanted in my life.

What can i say about the last two weeks of school? It’s been crazy...like it’s just been non-stop hectic. It’s like everything just came one after another. The crazier days were Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday...it’s like for Tuesday I had school from 10 to 4, then I went home before going back to school for Chess Club from 6-8:30pm. Then, Wednesday I had lesson from 9am-5pm, and after that I stayed back for Christian Fellowship from 6-8pm something like that. This is the first time I ever joined CF in school, and I will talk about this later. As for Friday, I had lessons from 9am-5pm and, then, after going home for dinner I had singing lessons at MSM.

As for the lessons, I’ve enjoyed my lessons, especially the sketching class although still not good enough yet, and the history of design lessons. There’s also a module about creative thinking which is not bad too. The workshop lessons were quite interesting although it is not so great that I need to write reports, which of course is not as fun and easy as doing it, but well there’s no choice. As for the materials and manufacturing classes, there are pretty dry coz it’s still plain book study, but it’s all good with me...and I feel like I’ve done ok in my assignments so far although I’m kind of scared to think there are so many physics formulas i have to learn. Plus, I’m so not used to having to do like reports and stuff to present in class. Maths has been ok, except that I wish I didn’t have to take it coz it’s like all the old maths stuff and I’ve never done well at maths, but now that I have experience this type of maths before, there’s pressure for me to do well. It’s my opportunity to do well...

As for lunch breaks and stuff, I usually just go to the only place I’d eat at in the school, and if I see any of my classmates there I’d join them, if not I’ve been pretty ok eating there myself sometimes. But, I’m quite pleased that at least with my improvements socially, I’ve had more opportunities to mix with my classmates then those days, like I talk to some of them while waiting for class or maybe in class. I’m still working at improving myself and I’m optimistic that things will only get better. So yea, this is everything that has been happening in school, except last week till now I’ve been feeling very unwell due to over-exhaustion, so I didn’t go for like CF, singing lessons and chess training.

But, I’ve at least so far managed to finish my assignments, although not without problems adjusting to a new system of homework. To sum up my time in school so far it’s been like day time go to school, night time either I have some activity or I do homework and weekends, it either chess, or homework and of course Church. Don’t get me wrong, I’m living the way I love my life to be but I’m struggling to keep up with the pace of life I like to live at. So, it’s frustrating in a way, that I have the life I want yet my body is not coping as well as I would have liked. Now I think I know why it’s called a passion doing what I love, coz I suffer for it. But, I just pray the Lord will give me the strength to continue to live like this coz I know I gave me this passion for a reason and I want to have the strength do live my live with the purpose God has for me.

But, I must say that for the starting few weeks of school, having got into this course I love, I’ve suffered a little spiritually. However, there were a few things that helped me, first, it was CF which reminded me that Jesus, God is all we need and all we could ever want, just as the message the Sunday before reminded me of Jesus the Bread of Life. . Jesus is the Bread of Life

by Dr John Massey on Sunday, 02 May 2010. And, the fact that the few times I read my Bible in school, I managed to start some conversation of Christianity with some non-believers. But, I got to be honest since I started I’ve struggled to find time to read the Bible. And, I’ve been feeling like somehow since being in the course that I love, I’ve been so focussed on it that I feel like I’m selfishly enjoying what I’m doing and leaving God out of it and I seem to have forgotten what really matters and what really is important to me. It’s also as if I’ve gotten what I want from God and I don’t need Him anymore. But, the truth is, I know God is present in my life every step of the way and i need Him, and this course I’m doing is one which I feel is my calling. It is for God’s glory that I live. The real point of getting this which I wanted is not for my own personal satisfaction but also because I feel this is like the purpose God has for me in this world. And, truly, God is all I need and want. He is all I live for, it is not essentially really getting what I want per se that gives me the fulfilment but in doing everything I do for God’s glory that I find my fulfilment. It is God who gives me all I have to use for His glory.

Comments

Popular Posts