Fresh Beginnings...

I could not ask for more on a day like yesterday, it being my first time at a new school for the induction programme. And, this really marks the beginning of something new for me as it kicks off my new life at Ngee Ann Poly, as school starts next Monday. It's a new school, new people and most of all a new challenge as I take on the course of my dreams which will have many obstacles for me to overcome. But, I am glad with my choice and I won't look back. Coz, I know this is where I'm suppose to be. You know in life, there's this one thing which at that moment when you find it, you know that's what you should be doing with the rest of your life...that's exactly how I feel about my choice now.

I would not go into the details about the induction programme in terms of what went on, but I hope to describe my experience. Firstly, I must say I am extremely pleased with the school for all the arrangements they went out of their way to provide for me. I mean, what to build a washroom for me! It doesn't get better than that at all. And, the year 3s who helped me, were so awesome and helpful, it totally rocked man. The student leaders were also very helpful to me, like getting me invovled in everything as much as possible.

As for the events of the day, it was quite alright. There was a good mix of stuff we did so that the students were able to get to know the school, the people and the course. Well, I mean in terms of the activities, it was really all the usual orientation stuff but I guess I had fun. And, it was great meeting all the new people and my new classmates-to-be, although most of the students are younger than me. And everything went pretty smoothly for me and I was quite pleased with that. Also after meeting with the director and hearing all about the course I'm gonna take, I'm excited to start school.

Finally, it's a new start, it's a fresh beginning for me...I have a chance to start anew with a clean slate. I'm doing something completely like I've never done before and I'm doing my pre-uni education again at a different school and school system altogether. And, I'm meeting new people and it's a new environment. I'm excited but kind of anxious about my new course. However, I'm just following my heart and doing something I'm passionate about, hopefully by the grace of God He will see me through the three years here and I will be able to enjoy my time here, make the most of life at the new school and do well...

Comments

Popular Posts