Just Another Christmas...

Can’t believe it, but its Christmas again...I mean, it seems only just like yesterday that we last celebrated Christmas and that it was the New Year. And, now it’s the Christmas of 2009 and the New Year looms. So, I’m a little slow in getting the post out but yea here’s about the Christmas week which btw turned out to be pretty awesome actually. It was a busy week but in a good way coz of all the preparation and events. I won’t say that this Christmas was any more special than previous years; it was really just another Christmas actually. And, I don’t mean that Christmas meant any less to me this year, I have always taken the celebration of Christmas to heart coz it marks such an important event in history, the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ. Like, every Christian knows that every day is like Christmas coz no one knows for sure on which exact day Jesus was born. It was just that it was a slightly less festive Christmas, but having said that we were so fortunate to be able to enjoy the spirit of Christmas and good food as a family.

The week started with more of the last minute Christmas shopping. On both Monday and Tuesday, I went out shopping with my mum. And, I relaxed on Wednesday. Then Thursday of course was Christmas eve which the whole family spent at Church and I was happy coz I had like a new look for Christmas with everything I wore being newly bought. And, I thought the service was not bad. I was touched by everything. But Christmas gave me an opportunity to invite a friend although for me turned out the friend of mine could not make it. And, in the midst of the Christmas parties I didn’t have and greetings from friends which I received only one, the Christmas service really allowed me to focus on Jesus Christ our Saviour and reminded me of the true message of Christmas and that is that God sent to us a light, a Saviour to not just the Jews but everyone who would put their faith in God that their sins would be forgiven in His death. Then, on Christmas day we had already open our presents the night before so we didn’t have presents to open, but we had a nice Christmas dinner at home. And, boxing was kind of boring...while Sunday after Boxing Day was a complete contrast; it was an exciting and eventful day which left me feeling awesome. We had Church, and then watched the movie Avatar, had lunch, went home and slack for two hours then watched the movie step up on Channel 5, then watched the great show that was Singapore Idol and finally watched the match between Arsenal and Villa.

But, there were some other thoughts I had during the week apart from Christmas. First, it was a realisation i came to from my chess lesson during the week. My coach said that I tend to play what I want which is not always what the position needs or is not the best move possible. It confused me because now i realised that maybe in my life I’m doing that too and i thought it could be a reason why I’m not exactly living my best life. But, God does put things in our heart for a reason, and we have wants and desires. And, we should listen to our hearts, but of course what we want may not be what we really need, which is where the practical comes in and we have to consider also our needs, what is possible and our goals in life. Yes, our hearts are prone to wander and to desire worldly things, but that is where we need God to guide us, where we need to put our human nature down and let the spirit take control of all we are. And, we should delight ourselves in the Lord and desire after God’s own heart so that in that way we can get the desires of our heart, which is the best way to live life. I guess also that is where sometimes we ask God why this or that happens or a request we ask of God is not met, it is because God knows what is best and what we want is maybe not the best for us. And, applying it back to my chess, I realised that since my goal is winning and not about getting into a position I like, since my aim is to win what i want should be to play the best moves which may not be necessarily the position I want. It is not how i get there but playing or living with the goal in my mind. And, the other things were that i read somewhere that if we have an interest in something, we can memorize things better, which made me see that perhaps the reason I haven’t done so well in school is that I just didn’t feel interested enough, like I mean my passion is in design, which is nothing really related to the usual school subjects. Also, the message at Church on Sunday about glorying in our weakness meant much to me, in that it really encouraged me and i felt the things said were so true for me, like how we can glory in our weakness which shows God’s strength and power, and how it humbles us and even strengthens us. Made me feel less affected by the troubles in life, my personal issues and frustrations, to know that it should not pull us down but in fact can be something to glory in.

So yea, that was the Christmas week which was ordinary but just as meaningful. I don’t know but I just feel so awesome after last week, and I’m just looking forward now to the New Year and stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts