Life, and Love Just Is...

It’s been close to two weeks since my last blog post, it seems I’m taking longer and longer to update my blog as the holiday has gone by. I’m not even like feeling the urge to blog anymore lol. Anyway, I guess I’m getting bored of my own blog…maybe the holiday too. I’m not bored in the sense of earlier three to four months ago at the start of the holiday, where seriously I was really struggling with trying to keep myself occupied but I mean like now I’ve settled into the holiday and have come to terms with the situation this many months of holiday had, has and will continue to be until I hopefully can go to uni. The only thing is that I’m now in need of doing more stuff with my holiday right now, although I’m content or at least at peace with just staying home and doing stuff like watch tv, play computer, practise my chess and having occasional outings. Definitely though, I’m seeking the Lord guidance each and every day in deciding on the things He wants me to do or sets in my heart to do. At the beginning of this year, I had a number of opportunities to do stuff of greater excitement and fulfilment so I had great faith that this year the Lord would provide the opportunities for me to do more of those stuff, but certainly now, I’m sort of drifting again, still I’m hopeful that the Lord will help me to make things happen in my life and even as I try to find more opportunities to spend my holiday in a more meaningful way. So anw, for the past week and a half or so, nothing really much has happened so there really isn’t much to share but I guess there are some thoughts about faith I wanna share and there were a few reflections about life that I had done in this time and some stuff I’ve got more in sights into. And, perhaps, since yesterday was Valentine’s Day, some stuff about love. Yea, so pretty much that’s what is in store in this post.

To sum up most of my weekdays for the last almost two weeks, I either spent time playing chess or playing computer games…not that these are my favourite things to do, I very much pretty going out and doing fun stuff, I would say I’m more the outdoor, sporting kind of person, just only that these are like the stuff that I can’t really get involved in as much as I would have liked, that’s why it isn’t apparent. But, anw so that was how it had been, and possibly the only other thing I’ve been doing is watch TV, have chess lesson on Thursday nights and once in awhile go for a ride in the car or short trips around the estate that I live in. Then, on the weekends I would go out with my parents and my sis, to the shopping malls to just move around and see stuff.

Honestly, it is getting pretty boring again. Starting to wonder again about my life and how I should be living each day again, like whether I should be doing a greater variety of things, and not that I don’t want to but I’ve got limitations and I have no ideas as to what else to do. And, to add to my frustrations, there’s been so much friction between myself and everyone else, and I’m beginning to think also that I’m going seriously CRAZY, suddenly like I’m so obsessed with everything, like I can’t stand if something seems out of place and I feel so uncomfortable and stressed out, I can’t even sit still for one moment. Also, I’m must admit that I’m feeling seriously lonely and I just miss having friends. And, like A level results are going to out in a few weeks or so, not a great feeling either. Worst of all, spiritually I haven't been doing or feeling great, and you know with the way I live my life, the stuff that I do wrong all the time and the good I never do, I’m really fearing about my faith, I mean, again I’m referring to the fact that the Bible says that faith produces works, of course by God’s grace we are saved by faith and we have the gift of righteousness, but I’m not exactly living as rightly as I think I should and somehow my faith is not exactly as strong as it used to be and I’m really trying to ask myself the reason that I believe in Christ, or there even a need to have a reason…

In the past yea, I had experiences of God’s hand in making things work out so well, in Him speaking to me through different message from speakers and from people around me, and every time I picked up the Word of God to read it was so real to me, and I just really felt not just God’s presence but He was like my source of strength and joy, and He was always so there for me. And, I had great passion for His name and bringing glory to God and I had an amazing conviction in Christ. Even in my darkest moments in the past two years in JC which of course also had some awesome best moments, like I was able to worship at such a deep level. And somehow in my search to live life to the fullest, I was able to after many experiences to say with strong conviction that we can only live life to the fullest by seeking Christ alone and not anything on this earth that will pass away. I guess it was probably due to the fact that I was missing out on so many of the things in my life which made me turn to only God where I was finally at peace with my life, for only when I really just kept seeking God and His will for my life, and realising that life is only about doing what all we do for God’s glory and not doing more of this and that, but also that it is doing God’s purpose for our lives as He sets in our hearts to do, did I really begin to live life well and fully. And, somehow I was able to trust God so much that I was joyful in all circumstances for I knew that God has a purpose and plan for my life that is beyond my wildest dreams and that all things were going work for good.

And, the pinnacle of it all I must say was Passion AC, which really was when everything seem to come together and everything seemed perfect. Not that the circumstances were great but in that I had great faith and I was living in the way that was truly of pointing to the glory of God, and I felt my life was full seriously. I didn’t feel like I needed anything more and what more could I want than to be living out my faith knowing that all the good and the bad things were nothing but joy for me and I mind was so set on the goal of my life that is to run the good race and ultimately claim the reward in Christ and bring glory to His name. But, now I’m worried that I’m not living out my faith as well as I should be. It’s like I just really need something to happen now to give me a spiritual uplift again, to rekindle the passion and strength of faith and help me rediscover the joy found in Christ and in living for Him. I just want to be able to live in a more Godly way and live a life that is pleasing to God, to put all my failures behind me and to by faith be completely made righteous before God and to be transform by the holy spirit to become more Christ like and to bear fruit in my Christian life, to produce good works in my life by faith. I just really pray for the Lord to strengthen my faith, revitalise me spiritually and help me to live life fully the way He intended for me and bring glory to God in all that I do.

And, it’s amazing that the past two Sundays, the combination of messages seem to echo the cry of my heart. Like, the first Sunday of the month the message was about having no idols before God and just putting God first in everything. Truly, there are just so many things that can pull us away from God, but this was like the perfect opportunity to reflect on whether I have always put God first and to reaffirm my heart’s desire to live for the one and only true and living God that is Jesus Christ. And, linking back to the living life, only in Christ can we truly live life, we need to put God first in everything, and the rest will fall into place. The other Sunday, just yesterday actually, it was a message about holiness, to place the saving of souls as first priority with attitude towards sin that sees one as worthy to be a shinning light for Christ by living out a life that is pleasing to God, to have the Word of God in our hearts and as our guide, by reading and studying God’s word with a passion and excitement to know Him more and to look upon the difficulties and struggles in life as God’s way of strengthening us and instilling discipline in us. So, just as I’m looking to develop holiness this was fitting. And, at Youth class we did one of the last few chapters of revelations, about the end times, and as we talked about the Book of Life where those who have believed in Christ will be saved, and those who have not believed will burn in the lake of burning fire, and also the book with the records of all the good and bad things we have done in our lifetime, it was linked back to Romans where justification by faith was mentioned which is what I spoke about earlier that faith produces works, so if we have faith in Christ, all our sins are washed away and we will be saved but if one has not believed will be judge by deeds where even one wrong will end in eternal suffering, and since no one is perfect, that person will not be saved. And, that is the beauty of it all, Christ died for us so that we may have eternal life if only we believe, such is God’s, imagine someone dying for you when you do not deserve it, because of that which Christ had done by His great love, we live for Christ out of gratitude to Him. And, really the lake of burning fire is just the worst fate ever possible and God loving us so much has given us a way out, all it takes is faith and one will avoid this fate. Therefore, faith is what saves us not deeds, but by faith we live rightly for Christ out of gratitude. So, I just really linking to my situation now, hope to live well for Christ, because I know I believe in Him and that He has done something great for me as for everyone, but somehow has not manifested completely in my life yet, and really I want my faith to be great again that I’m struggling with now coz I know that God is real and I believe in Him, coz if my life is not right before God my faith is not on solid ground, but I want to be sure that my faith is genuine and for that to manifest in my life, for faith produces good work. So, where ever it is I’m at, I just declare that I believe in Christ truly here and now, not matter what it had been or has been and I just hope and pray that from here on it will manifest in my life and that is gonna be the case.

Now then, I happen to chance upon this book at home called WWJD Today? And in it, I read a random page which was something relevant, so that was awesome and like the testimony given by the author at the front of the book also spoke to me. So I’d like to share it…The author grew up in Church but was a back bencher and he never paid attention in Church and thought it was boring and that life would be boring as a Christian when he listened. And, as time went on he drifted apart and was only concerned about living life to the fullest as he saw it which was all about experiences that was all. He mixed with friends and had a good time. But, one day, he noticed someone who was so diligently listening to God’s Word and as he watched the person’s life, he began to like what he saw and realised that the person’s life had something more that he didn’t have and that was Jesus, and the person’s life was even better. So from then on, he accepted the Lord and he suddenly had a thirst for knowing Christ. Somehow, that is so much like how I once felt, like I wanted to experience life so much in the past, and at one point in the past two years, I realised that only in Christ that I finally achieved was is truly living life to the fullest and that is living for Christ alone. Now, the page I stumbled upon was entitled The Great Escape funny enough, I won’t give the story but it was mentioned that we are fooled into to believing that the good life comes from popularity, possessions, power or pleasure but we can never find happiness in these things. We experience the good life only by seeking God. Jesus allows us to escape the limitations of an ordinary life and live the good life kind of like freeing us from captivity. I realise that in my life I feel like I’m limited by my circumstances to live the good life but in Christ He can allow me to live the good life beyond my limitations. Therefore, all I have to do is seek God’s will and I’ll be able to live life to the fullest.

So, as for now, about life, it is hard to explain but God clearly shows us that the good life is found in Him alone. Life is all about doing what God wants us to do and that is the best way to live life. Personally, right now, I’m getting slightly better spiritually, but of course about the issue of faith earlier on, I’m working on it, and it really began to feel better on the weekend as I worshipped the Lord with song and the Lord really helped us as we were all pretty tense about stuff at home and about my younger brother playing in the chess tournament. And, as for the way I’m living right now, yea definitely I’m getting bored of doing so little in the holiday, and I really want to have the courage to break out of all the limitations by seeking God’s will for my life and to really have opportunities to do more with the remaining time in my holiday. I really hope to be able to do the things I wanna do and to really find a way to live the good life as is really the way by seeking God, so that I can really live each day for all that God wants me to do and in that way live life to the fullest, with great joy and fulfilment in my heart. And, I don’t care but nothing is going to stand in my way and I’m just really gonna let God use my life in the way that I will be living life fully and doing the things I love despite my limitations, for nothing is impossible for God. So, I really hope this coming week I’ll somehow have so many meaningful and fun things to do, and for the rest of the holiday. And, also one other thing that came to my mind the past week from my chess lesson about life, and it’s like my coach was telling me that material is not the most important, it is the ultimate goal that is checkmate that is. The parallel to life is that life is about living for the purposes that we were put here for just as the game of chess was created with the purpose of the game being to checkmate the opponent and win. The purpose for life is well what God created us to do which I mentioned before. So, that whatever material things we have does not matter in this life for at the end what matters is whether we have achieved the goal of a life lived in faith and in accordance to God’s will for our lives. And, in chess like, one can have material advantage but be in bad shape and lose the game. So, think about life, and what really matter most, that is the purpose that God put us here for to bring glory to His name, what other reason could there possibly be for life, we are created by God so obviously life is about His purposes for our lives.

Finally, yea so Saturday was Valentine’s Day, basically, this year I didn’t bother to do the lame thing of wishing everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day, obviously the worst idea. But anw, it’s just a silly celebration that’s what it is (I mean like a novelty), of course it is a good thing to remember all the people we hold dear to our hearts which should be an everyday thing. And, like for me of course it was just about family love and stuff. But, as for other people I care about, there was no real point in wishing them anything or celebrating with since like it is pretty much unrequited. And, about being single, I’m not saying anything…there’s nothing wrong with that at all it’s all cool yea. So anw, on that day, in the morning, I went across the road from my house with my dad, mum and sis to eat at Coffee Bean and played chess with my dad there too…haha. Then, sent my brother for chess game in the afternoon and spent the whole afternoon out at Marina Square and took a walk to Millennia walk too yea. Had a simple dinner at home at night and that was it. But anw, my older brother took my sis out for a nice Japanese dinner. And, one last note on Valentine’s Day my mum was like saying that like many say that they rather receive flower’s anytime in the year than receive flower on Valentine’s Day which would be way expensive, rmb doing the economics of Valentine’s Day flower’s or something like that in JC1, yea always the lame jacking up of prices during Valentine’s Day, of course that only makes sense, it’s like who cares man…haha. But, now, just want to say some stuff about love then since I’m at this topic. There are so many different types of love, between family, platonic and romantic. In the Bible, we are commanded to love the Lord God with all our hearts and all our minds and all our souls and all our strength. We are also commanded to love our neighbours as ourselves. And, love is said to be the greatest of all compared to even hope and faith and we have nothing if we have not loved. And, while love is difficult to explain and there are so many definitions, there is one most important one that is from the Bible. I’ve used it many times but I guess it’d be good to remind ourselves again.


1Corinthians 13: 4 -8

4Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.

And, love is other’s centred not self centred, it is about putting others first before ourselves. God showed the greatest example of this by sending His son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins while we were undeserving sinners. This is really the hardest thing to do, to put other’s first but that is the way we are called to love others. We all need to be loved and to love. This is because we are created for fellowship with God and Man, and we love God for He first loved us. And, with love everything else will naturally fall in place, it is the foundation and motivation for everything we do as Christians. Also, love and life are very closely related to one another, both have been things that have baffled Man for thousands of years, but in Christ we are given clear understanding of what they each entail. The thing that matters most in life is love. This is because it is the only thing that will last when all else passes away and it leaves a lasting legacy. God will assess our lives by how much we have loved. Just as we all want to be loved and to belong, we should love one another for kindness begets kindness. I mean, if we all loved one another life would be completely perfect, the whole world would be perfect, and it makes the world go round. But, owing to our sinful and selfish nature and the competitiveness in the world it isn’t the case. I guess though, it’s a good time to remind ourselves of what love really is and to love others. It’s not just about romantic love and all of that, that kind of love is unreliable, fickle and puts oneself first, it has the potential to hurt and yet it is something we all crave. Just the other day I was watching a TV drama about unrequited love and how awkward it can be. I must say that once before I was too rash and said stuff to someone I never should have and it like almost affected my friendship with someone. And, even the kindness and friendship of someone made me think she liked me, even when it wasn’t the case. Love like that is not truly the love that is real. True love is unconditional, it is more than just a feeling; it acts selflessly. God clearly lays out what true love really is. In this world perfect love doesn’t exists but God gives us the capacity to love if only we would ask. But, such true love can accomplish great things. There are many ways to show love to others and so many people in need of love today. Let it truly be our hearts desire to love others, for everyone is part of God’s family and the best use of life is to love. And, no matter how lonely we feel at times or who we are we know that there is always someone who loves as perfectly and more than anyone else that is God.

To end, just wanna say that, I’m really hoping to get back on track spiritually and I just hope everything will be perfect again. I want to learn to love others more and think about other’s more than myself. So, just gotta try and make more things happen in my life and to strive to live life fully according to God’s will and to live a life that is pleasing to God. And, even as A level results are coming out soon, I’m sure I’m going to see God’s faithfulness to me in delivering me what I need. So yea, that’s really all I got to say…
Life and love just is…there’s nothing more to say they stand on their own, love is the ultimate key to everything in life, they can’t just be explained by words…so LOVE LIFE AND LIVE A LIFE OF LOVE…!!!

Comments

Popular Posts