FlyWheel...Life Feelings...

Well, it’s Monday already, another week gone by giving way to the new one. I thought I should probably share a bit about the events of the past week for me and I had many reflections and thoughts last week which I’ll try my best to recall in this post. The week before last week, I had like bought some music CDs and so like when we went out last week on Wednesday, I was like looking out for like more of the CD’s I wanted to get and stuff. Anw, so like first went out to Bugis on Wednesday to shop with my sis while my mum had like a medical check up at raffles hospital. Then, we went to Wheelock Place after that where while waiting for my sis and mum who were at Zara which is accessible only by stairs from the outside, I was at Borders looking at music CDs and so like I was busy remembering all the CDs I want to get…lol. But, anw at least for the first time in the holidaes I was out of the house on the weekdays. Then, anw as the weekdays of last week were coming to a close, with all the shopping and trying to enjoy myself and have fun, which btw even led me to play board games with my brother, due to boredom. I realised or more like found back conviction that friends and life experiences are all that really matter to me, and that in life there is little meaning in material things. Yea, I mean I know that when we give thanks to God for what He provides us with it is a form of worship and means something, but the pursuit of material things is actually meaningless. But, question is where is the boundary between what we want and what God deems is what we need and what God gives us in terms of our desires? I guess, we can use whatever God blesses us with to spend on things that we desire and contribute a portion of it, according to what God sets in our hearts, and whether we have a lot of things or not, as long as we honour God with what we have and thank God for it that is good enough. I just realise that it doesn’t matter what I have or have done, but that I’ve made relationships with man and had a good relationship with God, enjoyed what God has given to me and all the experiences that He has given me and lived for the purposes God has put me here for; and, all this for God’s glory. That is all I want for my life. And, to my other feelings and thoughts, I was really feeling lonely and missing people again last week. Like watching some TV drama, reminded me of her and I was just really wondering although it’s been over pretty much a long time ago, whether there’s still any chance for us. I was just really thinking about how I truly felt about her and was like thinking about like whether if I don’t make my feelings clear, that it would be something I would regret, if it was not one-sided. So yea…

But, the most wonderful message that spoke to my heart last week, was from the movie FLYWHEEL made by the creators of FACING THE GIANT. It was about how a dishonest used cars businessman was changed by God and as he was being transformed, learned to honour God with his business, relationships and life, and was ultimately blessed by God. So here are some of the thought provoking moments. In the start, the businessman was cheating people and his business started to get in trouble. And after he cheated the pastor at his church, the pastor prayed for the businessman, saying that God would treat him the way he treated the deal with the pastor, since the pastor thought he gave him a good deal. This shocked the businessman who knew he had been dishonest on the deal. Then, back at home he watched a sermon on TV which went: Your life is in the shape it is in because of the choices u make. You are in bondage because you have not listened to the word. God's word will set you free if u read it and until you listen to the word you will be a slave to debt and relationships. Not listening to the word would cause you to go down the wrong road, lose your family, home, security and investments. And, you will make wrong choices as long as you do not listen to God’s word. God has a way to live life and we cannot live life on own terms and ask God to bless us. The reason that many do not listen to the word of God is because they don't want to know what God thinks and don't want to live it God's way. This message coupled with the earlier incident finally made him realise that he was living the wrong way and it marked the turning point in his life. Next, he spoke to one of his employees, an old man, and he mentioned something about the businessman needing to forgive himself and seek God’s forgiveness. He didn't think God would listen, since he felt that God knowing that he was dishonest, a bad husband and father, a selfish and prideful person, he would not be forgiven. He said he doesn’t even like himself and has friction with every person in his life and money that he owes the bank that he doesn't have. But, he was told by the old man that he himself had a lot of things he wished he had gotten right but that pride held him back. But, when he learnt to let God run his life, his life got better. With that, he prayed to God for God to be Lord of his life, saying: Lord, I need you, I'm sorry, please help me to end well, I want to be a good man. You are in charge of my life you are the boss. Thereafter, he told his wife that he was sorry and was just looking for himself and had finally found who he is in Christ. He mentioned that he asked God to forgive him, having gotten his life into a mess. And he said that he was not worthy of honour and respect but wanted to have that. He also told her that he asked God to be Lord of his life and take responsibility. The next day, he announced that he would be selling cars honestly, and two of his only sales employees left him. But, reading this verse he knew he had finally done the right thing, although he couldn’t how he could pay the rent for the parking lot.

Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

He was determined to honour God with the lot and to give the lot to God. The learning point also was to do to others what you want others to do to you and he believed that God would bless those who do right. And, things really began to get better. First, he got an employee who would work for minimum wage although just for 6 weeks exactly what he needed but didn’t think was possible. Next, his wife began to see the changed man he had become and told his dad, who was glad that he had turn his heart to God. His dad prayed to thank God for his son having turned his heart to God and asked God to cleanse him, receive him and direct his path. He asked God to make him a man of courage faith, integrity, strength, love and grace. And, for God to rain down faith on him, to know that he is loved and asked God to bless everything he touches. God really sent His blessing. On the last day that he was to pay up for the rent or lose the lot, tons of people turned up as he sold 30 cars in 8 hours. This was because, the day before, his lot was featured on the news as being the most trustworthy, and it was amazingly the person who worked for 6 weeks that was the under cover reporter. In fact the day before, he didn’t know what to do but trusted God in what he called serene chaos, in the He knew God would do something good with the lot but he was worried that he would not be able to pay the rent. He managed to pay the rent anw, thanks to God’s grace. Two verses came to their minds:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

And,

Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

He realised that doing the right thing earns one respect, as finally he was a respected car salesman. When he told his dad about it, he just said that was an answer to prayer and that should not have been surprised when the Lord is faithful. Then, he realised that he needed to honour God with what he blessed him with, so he decided to return the money to those he had previously cheated, a humbling and tedious task. And, it was like a sign from God in that profit was exactly the amount he needed to pay back the people who were cheated and the money returned to one was exactly what one of the people who he once cheated needed. And, it was easy to return that money coz the Lord was with him. However, his old employee told news reporters of how he used to cheat people and he lost credibility again. But, the people he returned money to, came out 30 min later to tell that he had returned money to them and was a changed person. Having saved him, one told him to stand up and be a Godly man from that day forward. So that was the show, truly, how true it is that when we honour God, he will honour us, the key message I guess was that when we honour God he would bless us. Thus, we need to let God be the boss and to live life the way God intends for us and we can trust that God would see us through.

Finally, on Saturday, I went out with my mum and sis to Taka and Wisma, did some Christmas shopping and had a nice lunch and meet my cousins outside actually, was a really fun day, as least again I wasn’t bored at home. Then, on Sunday, the sermon was about being a servant leader. Anw, we also had election of deacons at Church. But, the coolest part of Sunday, was that at night, I went with my mum and dad on the Singapore flyer, like I realise that it is really late to only be going now, since it’s been up for quite long already, but yea it was cool and got some souvenirs too. But, like today, I was supposed to go Sentosa with my family, but it rained. So, instead, we went out for breakfast, before going to Vivo city to shop. And, in order to watch the movie bolt which was funny and nice, I dragged my sis into, skipping lunch at sushi tei with the rest of my family, which in the end she was a little regretful about. But, I had a fun day. I guess, what I wanna say is that I had a good long weekend with my family, enjoying things and doing stuff other than slacking at home, which is quite dumb. I’m feeling much happier now, just hope to improve the way I’m living my life, to truly be able to enjoy my life, make contributions, do meaningful things, and just live up to the purposes God has for my life. I also, still wanna achieve many things with this holiday, like get a job, do a course in art and maybe music, meet with friends, be involved in more activities and have fun going places in the country. And, right now, I’m just holding on to all that means so much to me, like being content and joyful in all circumstances and remembering what it means to live life that way it should be lived.

To end, here are some of the pictures from my trip to the Singapore flyer…

Comments

Popular Posts