The 2022 Review

2022 started with the squid game themed mdas new year party which was really fun. Then came chinese new year which was a much quieter affair but I started playing mahjong online with my friends. Next the book that my mum wrote was used to raise funds for mdas and my mum and I were featured in the newspapers. In March, I attended my cousin's wedding. I started getting back to physical activities with mdas such as art therapy and power soccer. Unfortunately, we were rocked by the news of the passing of our dear friend shin ming. My artwork was chosen for ndp and my artwork got awarded by artdis. I met the team for Wraek a gaming startup company ti test out their gaming device, a tectonic pad and joystick that while designed to improve the gaming experience for gamers, it allows persons with disabilities to play games despite their limitations. Throughout the year we had fun engagement with students. I had game sessions with Hwa chong students, ntu students and smu students. I continued to be part of the Lpe programme to engage with medical students. I also did the Fblive with nyjc business club students to sell mdas stuff. In June, I joined the MDAS Compass Camp physically for the first time where we went to ground up initiative at orto park to do pizza making, abstract art and camp fire. With engineering good I was involved in the tech for good boot camp and SUTD students capstone project to design a rotating bed system. I also provided feedback for students from NUS and SIT students about gaming and air travel. My national day artwork was chosen by SG Enable to be used for the national day tote bag. So, I met the president at the istana and at the art gallery. I organized a recording and filming for a music video for the Go the Dystance Carnival to raise awareness about muscular dystrophy. I celebrated my birthday with my first ever omakase experience and I attended my first ever national day parade. The Go the Dystance Carnival was great after two years of virtual. I also attended the tech for good festival as a keynote speaker and representative of mdas. Thanks to a generous donor I got a chance to attend the formula one singapore grand prix for the first time. I joined a bbq with mdas volunteers at changi. I again was at the purple parade. I attended an acapella charity concert. Then, I joined my first ever mdas charity gala where I got the lucky draw prize. I attended the album launch of a fellow mdas member. I went for a rare movie and mookata outing with the younger mdas members and met actor chew chor meng. The year came to a close very eventfully with a superhero themed year end party hosted by keppel capital. Our disabled christian fellowship had our very first in person meeting. I attended the sports hub carnival where we tried out the new power soccer wheelchairs. The last activity with mdas was a trip to the artscience museum. Finally, I spent time with family who came back for the holidays. I also had a christmas and new years eve party with the church young adults care ground.

This year was way more incredible than I could have imagined. Most important is that I dealt with my health issues. I tried a number of options for my urinary problems and it turned out that while the root cause was not solved, I managed to find a mitigation solution by using a external catheter.  I also got my portable bipap. This enabled me to go out and do the things I want to do. I achieved much in 2022. I got my artwork selected. I started playing boccia and power soccer for awhile. I continued with engineering good and organized a music video for mdas. Our socializing platform continued and our disabled christian fellowship continued to thrive. 



Comments

Popular Posts