Time Flies...

22th May – 9June


Time really flies...before I could even know it Term 1 has gone and it’s the term holidays now. To think I haven’t been able to blog for the whole time. I’ve been too busy since I’ve started poly, I’m don’t know if it is a good thing, but I know I’m doing what I love. So much has changed since I’ve began, like I have already got used to the hectic life in poly and I would say I’m doing better socially, maybe still not completely there yet like I’m still not joining the rest enough at things like lunch. However, at least I’m talking to my classmates more and joined some of them for the study group last week. School’s been ok and I’m keeping up with my work. My tests before this week were good and I’ve kept up with school assignments. I wouldn’t say just because I’m doing a course I’m passionate about means there’s nothing I don’t like about the course, like some of the subjects have been dry like MDA. Generally, though I’m enjoying this course. And, of course, who likes the exams.

But, things weren’t so good this week in my exams yesterday and the day before, which were not great coz in the first test I could not answer the last question and also it was so cold it affected me. And, for the maths test, I went to the washroom twice and could not finish my paper.

But, before this, this is what has been going on for the last two and a half weeks. The week from the 17th of May to the 21th of May was one of the busiest weeks and so message at church just before the week which was two and a half weeks ago(23th of May), seemed so relevant , reminding me not to let my busyness distract me from what is important, the ministry of God. I mean, really since I’ve started school, the busyness has made me at times forget the true point I’m doing what I’m doing and i just needed to make sure I keep myself in check and put God first in everything I do, since it is in everything that we are to bring glory to God, and to spend more with God and perhaps reflect more. So I went with that into the last week of May which was the week that I had to submit my first assignment for MP and made sure I had done all my work and was able to be less busy. Also, the whole class skipped math that Monday. But finally at the end of the week, we had a long weekend due to the holiday on the 28th of May, which is why I felt I had time to breathe as most of my work was done and had time to relax. Made me realise how I’ve left out so many things I used to love to do like listen to music. That was on the 27th of May. But, of course, I had the Sports and Wellness assignment to submit, the MP test to study for and the submission of drawings, but it was ok. Then, I had the MP test the next week which went pretty well. And, this was the week before the exams. Then, we had the study group over the weekend and which led to this week where I’ve completed my exams and am on holiday. There were some things that happened over the last week that did make me feel like I’m doing as well socially, but overall, I do agree with what I wrote above that I have made improvements.

But, what’s really been on my mind is how a problem has been affecting me and how I felt disappointed about my common tests that’s just finished. I’m just really frustrated that I had no way to control how the exams went not so smoothly this week, coz of some circumstances, but I really hope I did ok, so at least I won’t feel like it’s been unfair. I’m mean, I know I was unable to do my paper as well as i could before of what happened, so it’s disappointing for me. So I’m just praying that this problem won’t happen again and that God will be gracious and help me to do ok for the test. And, now as it is the holidays, I’m going to make sure I spend more time spiritually to read the Bible and worship the Lord in everything I do, to make up for the time I didn’t spend with God, coz I was so busy over the past few weeks. And, maybe I should try to continue this even when school starts again to arrange my time better so I don’t just get carried away by my busyness again. But, for now, I’ll just be relaxing this holiday and finish up my assignments too.

Comments

Popular Posts