Pain the fuel for Passion...

It was a pretty routine week last week and I literally just stayed home for most of the week, apart from a dinner, an awards ceremony, chess training and Church. But, I’m must stress that it was a stressful week, there was so much tension at home over all the things that aren’t going our way now. And, for me personally, there is still one or two issues in my life that have been causing me much misery and frustration. This prompted me to ask the question: When will this misery end? Coz, really I’m sick of having all these things that are out of my control affect my life and take away my happiness or even joy for that matter. All I want is just that everyone at home is happy together and I can live my life in joy and peace, without the issue that is taking my joy away, by constantly changing my mood.

A brief summary of my week, well, it was really just the usual way. Had chess lesson on Tuesday, and went out for dinner with my parents after we mistook that day for the dinner cum awards ceremony I was to attend on Thursday. Then, Thursday, we went for the Athlete Achievement Awards for the Asean Para Games Contingent which I was a part of; yea the dinner cum awards ceremony. Next, during the weekend I had my last chess squad training for this year, where I lost my last game coz I missed a winning move, blundered and lost. While, of course Sunday we had Church. And, I really felt strongly about the part 2 of the message on evangelism, the three points were the fact that in the world there are only two kinds of people, ones who are believers and Christ, and ones who are seeking, we are to have relationships with non-believers, and that God loves and wants everyone to be part of the body of Christ. This really meant something for me really, because I have experienced the fact that there are really people out there seeking for God and how great is it to know that, and what motivation to share the word of God with others...

But, through all the week with the tiffs, struggles, sadness and unhappiness; I felt a strange sense of peace and joy in Christ, because it filled me with a renewed passion for God. And, it reminds me of two of my favourite sayings in the Purpose Driven Life...And that is:

-Pain is the fuel of passion – it energizes us with an intensity to change that we don’t normally possess. C.S. Lewis Pain is God’s megaphone. It is God’s way of arousing us from spiritual lethargy. Your problems are not punishment; they are wake-up calls from a loving God. God is not mad at you; he’s mad about you, he will do whatever it takes to bring you back into fellowship with him. But there is an easier way to reignite your passion for God: Start asking God to give it to you, and keep on asking until you have it. Pray this throughout you day: Dear Jesus, more than anything else, I want to get to know you intimately.

-Your most profound and intimate experiences of worship will likely be in you darkest days – When your heart is broken, when you feel abandoned, when you’re out of options, when the pain is great – and you turn to God alone.

To end, I’m hoping for the issues in my life to be resolved, so I can live my life as I should with joy and peace in my heart. I hope my misery ends soon, but anyway no matter I’m taking comfort from knowing that all things work for the good of those who love Him. And, I’m just amazed at how pain is truly the fuel for passion as I’ve felt, and there’s no greater joy than being passionate and in close worship with God.

Comments

Popular Posts