Everything's Great Again...

Last week, was just like any other at home and I went out on a few occasions but pretty much did the same stuff. In fact, I was kind of so preoccupied last week with doing my stuff that it made the week feel busy, although nothing much went on really. I spent way too much time figuring out how to rearrange my blog structure by manipulating the html code a bit and to get a picture on. The rest of the time was just dedicated to reading my bible, occasionally doing my chess too, and of course watching TV. The main event for last week was on Saturday, the flag presentation for the Asean Para Games. And, like last week, was just about how everything just became good and everything felt great again, in every aspect almost.

Basically, Monday to Wednesday I was very focussed on getting my blog customised the way I want and doing the stuff in my usual schedule. Thursday, I went with my mum to pick my bro from the airport. And, Friday, was just like a moment of last week where I just felt so good again and everything was like good and I was doing well again. Especially spiritually I was good again.
Most of my thoughts came to me towards the end of last week as I was feeling good again. Firstly, I guess, I was so focussed on my other things like my blog and stuff, and I didn’t do my chess as frequently last week. Made me realise what really mattered to me more, but now I guess I’ve been given this opportunity and I need to cherish it and spend the required time, and besides it can be quite enjoyable playing. This is like the first time that I’ve ever had things in my life to juggle and I’m not even studying anymore as of a year plus. Then, watching a show on TV, in the show two bro were talking and like the older brother who was working as a carpenter wanted to buy a scooter but barely had enough money. Then, the younger brother commented that he would be able to afford a car after his university unlike his brother who had no university education. The brother became jealous and resort to gambling to earn more money.

For me the learning point was like that you know it’s not the most important thing in the world to have a university education and earn lots of money to buy this and that. It’s not everything in life. This is especially true if you are just trying to chase after material things and more money. In the end, it gets you nowhere, and if you are not doing what you are passionate about, it is such a waste of life. And, I am by no means saying one should not have a university education, of course that is important since to get a decent job you have to have paper qualifications. I’m just saying that we need to have a better reason to do what we do, and we need to live for a purpose and lead a fulfilling life. And, that is exactly what we do have; we are made by God to live for His glory. We must not lose focus, but to live out our calling in life for the glory of God, not anything else. When other things like money become our focus, we will never be satisfied, and when greed consumes us, it will lead to no good end. Just really, i find that sometimes we get too caught up in the rat race, but of course that doesn’t mean we have no ambition to do well, in fact God wants us to do well.

And, I was talking to my mum on Friday evening about how my brother and sister are doing, studying in Australia, and somehow like I shared about this learning point I had, and it turned out to be very much related to them, and like how it is important that they get through university and stuff. And, like my mum said after I prayed and she prayed things were looking a lot better over there. And, I was listening to all the hillsong songs again that we used to sing in ACJC, and spiritually I felt much more uplifted. And, somehow it seemed like God had spoken to me as I realised that the Lord wanted me to realise something out of all the things going on. In that instance, everything seemed to be great with the new positive perspective, and I was feeling great coz I knew and felt God’s presence with me. And, i had in fact got my blog how I wanted finally after long hours of trying to figure out the html code, so I felt like i could do anything and was really happy. So I just felt so blessed and felt a tremendous desire to praise God as everything felt good again. And, the desire I had and passion for these worship songs to God was back.

The other thoughts were about what national day means to me as I saw the stuff on the newspapers about that and what it means to be Singaporean, I felt that yea, for the most part I regard myself as a Singaporean, and I’ve always said the pledge and sang the national anthem. But, now I’m feeling a little different like, not having school anymore we don’t have to sing the national anthem and say the pledge. The other thought I had also came from the papers but I don’t rmb it anymore. But, finally, at Church on Sunday, I took the Holy Communion for the second time, really reminded me about the amazing truth that we are saved and forgiven by faith alone, and that we are not good enough by our human nature but that because of what Jesus did on the cross, faith is all we need alone. And, the message about the holy spirit and the forming of the Church by the speaker was great, and it really roused the passion in my heart to worship the Lord.

I really don’t know how to put it but last week God really spoke to me in many ways and i felt His presence and I felt so good about everything as everything was going well and I felt so worshipful. And, I shall conclude this post with my very own words which summaries my feelings after last week. Everything is great, and I'm feeling so awesome, there's nothing I feel i can't do anymore...just praise God for everything...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey. I really like the blog. I submitted it to reddit and digg because i think more people need to read it! Also, I have a blog too if you want to check it out. It's called Zygor Leveling and it teaches World of Warcraft players how to level up to max level in 6 days. If you want you can check it out! Thanks again!

Popular Posts