Emerging from 2020, Looking Forward to 2021

2020 has flown by so quickly, in many ways and for many people it's great that 2020 has gone by quickly and the year is coming to an end soon because of the pandemic and all. While I do agree that I'm happy for the year to have passed so quickly, actually to me 2020 has been a good year, not because I'm pretending that 2020 hasn't been a sad year with lots of death and disruption but because I see much good as we emerge from the pandemic and also on a personal level the pandemic has opened unexpected doors for me.

The last time I blogged, it was in June where we were in the thick of the pandemic and made that move towards a new normal as we came out of lockdowns. I was talking about how I've adjusted well to the new normal, but little did I know that the new normal would start to transform my life in greater and even better ways in the latter half of this year. 

So let me update on the things that have happened from June to the end of 2020. At the end of June, I was involved in a Facebook live interview to raise public awareness about persons with muscular dystrophy. I completed a short digital marketing training with wecofa. 

In August, I celebrated my 30th birthday.


I also celebrated National day by being part of an MDAS virtual choir singing the song Home.


and submitted an entry for the mask competition. 


 I got 2nd place in the MDAS art competition.


 I took a web design class and created my own website. In September, it was md awareness and I completed my digital marketing course with Make The Change. I had a short trial facebook marketing job with seociety which fell through but at least I had a taste of it.. We had gaming sessions with keppel such as the virtual amazing race.


 and I became involved in a l and d mentorship. 

I bonded with MDAS members playing among us.


In October, there was the president's charity which saifudeen was on. Then, came the shocking passing of our dear friend from MDAS desmond which was very sad. After that, I became involved in newly formed disability care group called elpida. Next in November, was the virtual purple parade where my artwork was printed on a bag and on sale to raise funds for MDAS. I also celebrated my mum's birthday and  grandmother birthday which both were a milestone year like mine. In December, we celebrated MDAS 20th anniversary with a virtual party.

We recorded a virtual choir performance of Memories by Maroon 5, with special guest performers Jack & Rai.


  Finally, I was involved in the founders' memorial workshop, virtual japan trip and dalmation design consultancy workshop.

During this time, regarding my goals for 2020, firstly, employment wise I have completed a lot of courses, digital marketing with MTC, digital marketing with wecofa, web design with awesomesites, design workshop with dalmation creative consultancy and joined l&d mentorship programme and had a short fb marketing job stint which didn't work out. Health wise, while the 8 weeks antibiotics failed, I'm starting a new 6 weeks of antibiotics which would hopefully finally cure me. My breathing has improved slightly with the use of chin strap. but still need a test. Socially, I have been able to reach out to make friends with the other MDAS members on a deeper level through MDAS activities online, playing among us and fall guys, care group zoom meetings events online. Domestically, I've gone a change of helper during the pandemic but it worked out. Spiritually, while not being able to be in church in person, care group virtually has been helpful.

The pandemic seems to be reaching towards the latter stages with light at the end of the tunnel with vaccine programs starting but I think only by the last quarter of next year before we are back to some semblance of normalcy. My goals for 2021 are to get proper employment or maybe continue to be busy with activities, to solve my health problems and continue to keep up my social engagements. 

Comments

Popular Posts