Picking Up the Pieces

I miss the days when I was in uni, even though its been just shy of two years ago. Its not just the fact uni is when we as cliche as it sounds have the time of our lives coz everything is decided for you, you've got no responsibilities apart from going to school, you are pursuing your passions and dreams and enjoying life. But, I was actually doing well and I was healthier, I wasn't worried that I would cough or not be able to breath or that my arm would hurt. My schedule was much more hectic than right now and yet I wasn't too tired. Now just sitting up and staying out an entire day and I'm freaking out that I'd be too tired and can't breathe.

I know I said I was getting better but I seem to feel my health gets better and than it slips back. I really want to get back to being active and doing things passionately again like in uni but its hard when my health is holding me back. I know I shouldn't let it hold me back but sometimes its a limitation that I can't get around in a practical sense. The key I guess is how I make the most of the challenging situation.

Like I said previously I have much to be grateful for in spite of some unfortunate health struggles and I felt things were improving. But it seems things are still not back to normal, yes I'm trusting in God for my full restoration, but every time I seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel it was just a passing train but I have to keep believing that one of these days I will feel better. I've been trying hard to keep myself busy while trying to nurse myself back to health. Basically, I'm still trying to pick up the pieces left behind in the aftermath of my little health crisis.

Starting since October last year, I said goodbye to one of my helpers and have been adapting to my new helper which has been a struggle. Before she left we visited gardens by the bay and universal studios.




I reorganized my room, cleared out all the clutter, redecorated and got a new height adjustable table.



 I also joined mdas activities such as purple parade, outings to gardens by the bay and bbq.




 I attended a motivation talk by my friend, boon keng and I reconnected with ephraim and boon keng.




I met my ex work colleagues at a product event and bonded over a meal.



 I even planned a special birthday surprise for my mum.



 Finally, I had an eventful time during the christmas and new year holidays with the whole family back from Australia. I'd admit it wasn't perfect with one or two unpleasant moments but it didn't overshadow the wonderful moments.






Comments

Popular Posts